Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
NYC/PHL Jan 25-28 Potential Threat Part 2

am19psu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miller B would fit the Nina but not sure what to make of the gfs with how different it is with the euro and how it handles the H5 energy. GGEM in 45 mins will be interesting.

Yeah, just incredible how the GFS and Euro set-up this event, the evolution and result are just so different. If the GFS ensembles give support then maybe the GFS is not all that off.

Miller B would fit the Nina but not sure what to make of the gfs with how different it is with the euro and how it handles the H5 energy. GGEM in 45 mins will be interesting.

None of this year fits La Nina. That argument is pretty much null and void now.

The GFS sends some sort of inverted trough back to the Phl-NYC corridor. Most of the area gets 0.75-1.00", but a narrow band in south Jersey into Philly gets 1.00"+. Ratios would be pretty good. Probably none of this will verify. The GFS is probably in its "Eeek, I lost the storm" phase. But the fact that it's that far offshore gives at least some credence to the GGEM ensembles.

I may be looking at the wrong run cus im a :weenie: but i am not seeing the euro bomb on the gfs..

GFS would need to trend significantly slow and deeper at H5 and close off in the carolinas to resemble the euro solution...:lol:

things are going to change around here, and everybody in this thread will change their tune if the euro has anything similar to the gfs

GFS has lost every event that we have had this season in this precise time frame.

Has it really "lost it"? Instead of a Miller A, its showing a Miller B and affects a small area and not the whole EC. Its not like it has a low coming out of the gulf but going way east into the atlantic.

Not saying its correct, but its a little different than having a storm and not having a storm, there is a storm there, its just smaller and comes about differenty.

I may be looking at the wrong run cus im a :weenie: but i am not seeing the euro bomb on the gfs..

GFS would need to trend significantly slow and deeper at H5 and close off in the carolinas to resemble the euro solution...:lol:

things are going to change around here, and everybody in this thread will change their tune if the euro has anything similar to the gfs

Yea it's just amazing how different they are at this point. One's gotta cave to the other. Hopefullly GFS will score the coup.

Exactly, people were locking in a bomb at Day 5-6, a huge mistake. This could be completely out to sea, a moderate snowfall from a Norlun, or an inland wrapped up solution. The GFS isn't totally loony given the GGEM and ECM Ensembles have generally been further east.

Has it really "lost it"? Instead of a Miller A, its showing a Miller B and affects a small area and not the whole EC. Its not like it has a low coming out of the gulf but going way east into the atlantic.

Not saying its correct, but its a little different than having a storm and not having a storm, there is a storm there, its just smaller and comes about differenty.

It has an inverted pot of gold at the end of an inverted rainbow; that represents a loss in my book.

The switch to a Miller B was a given.

Exactly, people were locking in a bomb at Day 5-6, a huge mistake. This could be completely out to sea, a moderate snowfall from a Norlun, or an inland wrapped up solution. The GFS isn't totally loony given the GGEM and ECM Ensembles have generally been further east.

I think out to sea is off the table at this point.

Like NCEP say a blend of the GFS, ECMWF, GEM and other will yield the best solution. Which means there is a blizzard potential for NYC, but an 1993 superstorm solution is possible or even a change over to rain can not be ruled out yet..

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-march-5-2001/storm-of-the-century-of-the-week---weather-predications

DT, courtesy of PTB:

"0z SAT JAN 22 GFS now out to 120 hrs: this run is a New way to come up with a solutuion that is so bad... so absurd...as to be called WRETCHED! ...whereas ALL other Models show the Main Low over southern AL or southern GA the 0z GFS has Low in OHIO??? OHIO ???? ...OH my god."

Archived