Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sun night/Mon morn. NNY state lowest temp contest

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll throw out some wild guesses for fun......

BTW ...I saw that Cap really hit the Sunday night cold hard last night on 10. He went -15F in KALB itself. If that happens then -20F is within reach out here near Delanson probably. This is scaring me into into putting a space heater in the garage under our place down in Saugerties I think because I have been monitoring the temps down there and the lowest this season to date has been -2F while it fell to 31F inside the garage. -10F down there could freeze the pipes.

My guesses....

ALB -13

GFL -27

My House here in nw corner of Knox Town: -18

SLK -36

Old Forge -36

Newcomb -38

Sun night-Mon AM:

ALB -15

GFL -26

My House: -19

SLK -33

Old Forge -34

Newcomb -35

:arrowhead:

The associated dry air and clearing skies

especially away from any lake influences will lead some very

frigid temperatures by daybreak Monday. Most locations along

the Lakeshore will have readings in the single numbers below zero.

Further inland...readings in the 10 below to 15 below range will

be likely. The north country could see some absolutely frigid

readings...below negative 20 and even colder than 30 below in a

few spots. This could be the case at Watertown based on upstream

readings from this morning and the potential for just a slight

drainage wind.

-50 Old Forge

You have no gonads my friend! :P

From the movie "They Died with their Boots on"

You can take glory with you when it's your time to go.

I'll throw out some wild guesses for fun......

BTW ...I saw that Cap really hit the Sunday night cold hard last night on 10. He went -15F in KALB itself. If that happens then -20F is within reach out here near Delanson probably. This is scaring me into into putting a space heater in the garage under our place down in Saugerties I think because I have been monitoring the temps down there and the lowest this season to date has been -2F while it fell to 31F inside the garage. -10F down there could freeze the pipes.

My guesses....

ALB -13

GFL -27

My House here in nw corner of Knox Town: -18

SLK -36

Old Forge -36

Newcomb -38

Cap and I had a blast on Friday while El Presidente was briefly in town. Reminiscing about old school forecast techniques, discussing the up coming week's weather, etc. We both had a lot of fun. We talked about tonight's min for KALB and an assortment of techniques were -13 to -15; more at -15 including the Landin Method (Shout out to all you SUNYA students and grads).

This will be a certifiable stretch of "HYH" weather from tonight thru Tues Morning. Beginning to wonder who and where will stay < 0 during this time from tonight thru Tuesday morning

Temp here in GF "City" 6.8 an falling 1.5/hr

I never really saw it brought up on tv or nws, but the cold snap early last wk, I had -15 @ my house and -17 couple miles in a tiny dip in the rd.. Then only like -8 @ Albion another 5 miles or so down the rd. No valleys or anything just flat and open... Be interesting to see what tonight is...

i have a feeling that temps are going to drop like a rock.sky is already clear here with 1F temp outside :arrowhead:

Archived