• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

lol. Yeah, that's my best guess. The Manchester, MD point is probably wrong. Rather it'd appear to be a New Castle, DE --> Bel Air North --> Randallstown --> Reston area --> to some place that I just don't care about between RIC and CHO (likely 2/3 of the way from RIC to CHO).

Sounds like I will be seeing a big blue line in the sky.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot speak for anyone else, but with the winter we are in i would gladly lock that in right now. Of course with the model runs we are seeing people get greedy and want all snow. It is a little agonizing watching over 2" of QPF be wasted to rain.

Great point. With a crappy winter going it is amazing how quickly greed will set in based off a few runs--then when they get the snow they may not enjoy it simply because it isn't as much as some model runs had. Considering it has gone from nothing to a threat--folks should be happy with any snow they eventually get--even if it isn't a big dumping. It is amazing, based on the model runs, how 3-5" of snow could be a huge and gleeful moment, or it could be a huge downer when in reality 3-5" of snow is 3-5" of snow. No difference.

The GEM has almost no support outside of 2 members at 132 hours and notice how almost all of them are also well faster than the Op run as well...the GEM was very bad with this storm we had last night as well at this range, remember it had a 994mb low over NYC and none of its members supported it...turned out the Op run was wrong...the snow did go to rain in CNJ last night but the low track was still well south of where the GEM showed it at Day 4-5.

http://www.weatherof...ime=12&Type=pnm

Great point. With a crappy winter going it is amazing how quickly greed will set in based off a few runs--then when they get the snow they may not enjoy it simply because it isn't as much as some model runs had. Considering it has gone from nothing to a threat--folks should be happy with any snow they eventually get--even if it isn't a big dumping. It is amazing, based on the model runs, how 3-5" of snow could be a huge and gleeful moment, or it could be a huge downer when in reality 3-5" of snow is 3-5" of snow. No difference.

I think it is the fact that the 3-5" of snow would be mixed with 1-2" of rain, while areas that are 20 miles west easily surpass a foot. I think that's why the I-95 people would be a bit distraught if it was mostly mixing.

lol. Yeah, that's my best guess. The Manchester, MD point is probably wrong. Rather it'd appear to be a New Castle, DE --> Bel Air North --> Randallstown --> Reston area --> to some place that I just don't care about between RIC and CHO (likely 2/3 of the way from RIC to CHO).

I figured you put that Manchester thing in there just for me :arrowhead:

hey Phin,...H. margusity loves that model, i think hes the only one lol

Yeah. lol - I've heard him on his videos say "For the big daddy storm coming up I think the DGEX is handling it best...I just threw out the EURO because it looks so unbelievable" - This was a few winters ago. laugh.gifaxesmiley.png

Archived