joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post Turkey Day Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I find truly impressive in this year long mega torch from the depths of hell is that BDL has a very good chance to have 12 consective months of +monthly departures, and the -NAO was negative the majority of time.

BDR's coldest reading so far this month was 33 on November 1st, most major stations are now experiencing positive or near normal monthly departures after being -4-5 after week one and in some cases -7, truly an impressive NOvember TORCH>

What I find truly impressive in this year long mega torch from the depths of hell is that BDL has a very good chance to have 12 consective months of +monthly departures, and the -NAO was negative the majority of time.

BDR's coldest reading so far this month was 33 on November 1st, most major stations are now experiencing positive or near normal monthly departures after being -4-5 after week one and in some cases -7, truly an impressive NOvember TORCH>

Death Valley, most of us have had several nights mid 20s.

Death Valley, most of us have had several nights mid 20s.

I have had multiple nights in the mid 20s that s not my point all of new england has torched like crazy since the first week of November, erasing monster negative departures, there is no denying the incredible year long torch, its impressive, and deserves to be noticed.

It probably doesn't help either with the ASOS siting for KBDR right next to the tarmac at the airport

:lol:

I have had multiple nights in the mid 20s that s not my point all of new england has torched like crazy since the first week of November, erasing monster negative departures, there is no denying the incredible year long torch, its impressive, and deserves to be noticed.

I'm not shocked....im a little surprised at just how impressive this recent torch period was though...I told nzucker when we were still back on eastern that I could see the negative departures getting wiped out before the cold came back. Though I figured they wouldn't get 100% wipe dout, but they have.

http://www.easternus...ost__p__5207795

Even with that, I under estimated this torch. Its been tough to shake.

:sizzle:

i was very impressed with the way maine torched from most of februrary thru march. as well as the overall heat SNE experienced this summer..

not sure which one was more anomalous (I think miane) but they were both many standard deviations from normal.

:sizzle:

i was very impressed with the way maine torched from most of februrary thru march. as well as the overall heat SNE experienced this summer..

not sure which one was more anomalous (I think miane) but they were both many standard deviations from normal.

We had a monster west based -nao that rotated sw and flooded us with marine tainted air. Canada then torched and snowpack up there was erased. Stronger sun angle in March warming the ground that should be snowcovered and then having this airmass come from the nw, significantly enhanced our temps. We have to be careful with a huge west -nao, but luckily Canada tends to have good cold in a Nina.

NYC and EWR are somewhere around 0.0 for departures this month, someone posted it in the NYC forum but I cant remember where....

As for BDL not getting below freezing, it seems strange, because Im from the SW CT and were always warmer than then but I got to 29 last night...

We just need to get to this snow/ice threat Thursday..Once we're there all this whining and complaining will end..Let's FF to Wed PM

People need to be realistic too...some people are turning a pattern that favors the first snow event of the season into record breaking cold temps and a blizzard coming....so when they don't see an east coast blizzard with -20C 850s, they are saying its a bust. :lol:

Most late Nov/early Dec events are going to be 1-3" types with maybe a heavier one thrown in if we luck out.

NYC and EWR are somewhere around 0.0 for departures this month, someone posted it in the NYC forum but I cant remember where....

As for BDL not getting below freezing, it seems strange, because Im from the SW CT and were always warmer than then but I got to 29 last night...

He's talking about BDR...not BDL. BDL has had several nights in the 20s.

LOl BOS is .1 below, how is that torched, probably end up near normal either side..

We just need to get to this snow/ice threat Thursday..Once we're there all this whining and complaining will end..Let's FF to Wed PM

amen

and for sermon perhaps you could cover ....from the good gfs book: 12z :168 ens panel 7....passage; the lone tolland toppler.

http://www.meteo.psu...S_12z/f168.html

People need to be realistic too...some people are turning a pattern that favors the first snow event of the season into record breaking cold temps and a blizzard coming....so when they don't see an east coast blizzard with -20C 850s, they are saying its a bust. :lol:

Most late Nov/early Dec events are going to be 1-3" types with maybe a heavier one thrown in if we luck out.

Amazing the excessive expectation for the end of Nov, maybe it's because a lot of people have seen flakes, some accumulations. Last years Nov Heating degree data in. Bos showed a negative huge departure of 125 this year 5 which clearly indicates Nov has been a more normal cold month, perhaps that has fired expectations.

Amazing the excessive expectation for the end of Nov, maybe it's because a lot of people have seen flakes, some accumulations. Last years Nov Heating degree data in. Bos showed a negative huge departure of 125 this year 5 which clearly indicates Nov has been a more normal cold month, perhaps that has fired expectations.

I think it was due to poo-pooing nay-sayers. And I'm not talking socks who I think was calling torch. But I believe Ryan was calling for run-of-the mill temps and he was being critized for not recognizing the magnitude of the cold.

At least that was what caught my attention in hoping/expecting a big pattern change. 45.7.

Archived