Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 17-19th Plains/MW/Lakes Storm Potential Part II

Powerball

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EC calling for a little accumulation tonight and tomorrow but I'm not seeing it based on radar/model trends. Maybe a dusting.

Tim updated the snowfall totals. I can't believe Ottawa's running neck and neck with downtown Toronto. Hopefully you guys get it turned around quickly. What's your futility record? ~135cm?

i dunno

we'll have to ask Ottawa Blizzard to rifle through the records...

The little bit of LES from east winds will be about it. Had a feeling about it.

We need a storm to come up the Ohio Valley :arrowhead::(

Yesterday you mean? Yeah, that was a great call by the way. I thought the airmass was way too dry for anything that organized. Hit Mississauga and south Etobicoke pretty good but it died out by the time it got up this way. :(

I've just been watching and hoping all morning it would drop and Josh would flip over to some snow.. Hopefully he (and you all out there) has a net gain in snow pack by the end of the week.

I already punted the end of the week storm, it had a 5.3 second hang time and was downed on the 10.

Had 0.15" of rain (a trace of it zr) and a trace of sleet/snow. very humdrum system. Ill admit, I was mad I lost a little more snow than I thought I would, however it didnt really melt, moreso it compacted. Outside of hills where it drifted a lot (or few patches on busy roads), its still a 100% solid snowcover. Doesnt look bad at all in residential areas, but it looks dirty on main roads. Basically we now will have a non-budging glacier, which means I am starting to believe a good record to shoot for this winter is a top 20 "whitest" winter. Snow depth 2 days ago was 6" here with a core sample water content of 0.5". Now, it is 3" with a water content of 0.6". That means it will freeze into a block tonight, will make a great base for the next snowfall. Which is hopefully sooner than later :)

Archived