joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Storm Dicussion - January 11-12

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't compare this storm to Boxing Day....it will never mature as early as that one was. There could be some brief dryslot issues with a 12/9/05 track, but even on this run you get destroyed.

I know that....I just meant that this is just about as far I would want....a little too far even.

I agree it's probably overdone, but the EURO is still trickling west.....

The way this thing nukes...it even keeps BOS all snow this run despite a track tucked that close in, I just checked all their soundings. The low is so compact and bombing so fast it tries to suck everything toward the center of it.

Will, this looks like an absolutely amazing snowstorm that will kill our sanitation department yet again! 2 HECS and its still not even the middle of January lol.

The way this thing nukes...it even keeps BOS all snow this run despite a track tucked that close in, I just checked all their soundings. The low is so compact and bombing so fast it tries to suck everything toward the center of it.

This phenomenon happens further down the coast too...its why NYC could stay all snow despite a track that possibly kisses E LI. You normally need a compact nuking low to do that. 12/9/05 probably would have kept BOS all snow if it hadn't been so early in the season with the SSTs....as was, it only changed them over for a a couple to 3 hours and then we know happened later. And again, that was with a track over Buzzards Bay inside the Canal.

When the low is compact and nuking like that, you can see different rules WRT to tracks and R/S lines.

lol it sounds like a black hole sucking everything in, maybe complete with antimatter (thunderstorms) and a gravity wave or two to boot ;)

lol it sounds like a black hole sucking everything in, maybe complete with antimatter (thunderstorms) and a gravity wave or two to boot ;)

Well there would be all sorts of weird stuff if a NAM type solution verifies...probably a lot of thundersnow...good chance at gravity wave....who else knows. Maybe even a tropofold.

This phenomenon happens further down the coast too...its why NYC could stay all snow despite a track that possibly kisses E LI. You normally need a compact nuking low to do that. 12/9/05 probably would have kept BOS all snow if it hadn't been so early in the season with the SSTs....as was, it only changed them over for a a couple to 3 hours and then we know happened later. And again, that was with a track over Buzzards Bay inside the Canal.

When the low is compact and nuking like that, you can see different rules WRT to tracks and R/S lines.

Yea ppl in our thread are comparing it to the Millenium storm in how a west track can still keep it all snow.

Archived