Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NCEP in the weeds again. They say take the 0z NAM and the 12z EC for resolution reasons....which I assume to mean thinks that we should disregard/discredit the others. So we are in good shape.

...LOW PRESSURE FORMING NEAR THE GULF OF MAINE SUN-MON...

PREFERENCE: NAM OR 12Z ECMWF

THE NAM AND 12Z ECMWF ARE SIMILAR IN ALLOWING A PARENT SURFACE LOW

TO MOVE INTO THE GULF OF MAINE BY EARLY SUNDAY WHILE THE LOW THAT

MOVES OFF THE NORTH CAROLINA COAST EARLY SATURDAY BECOMES AN

OCCLUDED LOW. MEANWHILE...THE GFS...PERHAPS DUE TO COURSER

RESOLUTION...CONSOLIDATES MORE OF THE SYSTEMS' DEEPENING INTO THE

OCCLUDED LOW FARTHER FROM LAND WHILE MAINTAINING A MUCH WEAKER

PARENT LOW. THE HIGHER RESOLVING GUIDANCE MAY PROVIDE A SLIGHT

ADVANTAGE WITH THIS PARTICULAR INTERACTION.

Definitely interesting. Will catch the euro later on...gonna get some sleep for a bit.

The interesting part in waiting for the Euro is that the Euro was the most bullish for this type of development on the previous model suite....and other models didn't like the idea.

That will make a small part of messenger die inside that the Euro caught it first, but it should be interesting to see if it goes bonkers in an hour or so. I'm still pretty guarded...this could easily crap out into a light inverted trough that gives you a few inches and nothing for the rest of the region.

The interesting part in waiting for the Euro is that the Euro was the most bullish for this type of development on the previous model suite....and other models didn't like the idea.

That will make a small part of messenger die inside that the Euro caught it first, but it should be interesting to see if it goes bonkers in an hour or so. I'm still pretty guarded...this could easily crap out into a light inverted trough that gives you a few inches and nothing for the rest of the region.

yep that 990 tucked inside the elbow gave me hope things were turning around

Whether it goes bonkers or not - and like you I'd like to see it is kind of moot. It's not nor have any of these models been close to infallable at this range.

The GFS had a transient low from time to time in the Carolinas but always crushed it. The NAM tried to do what these models are doing now with Fridays system but had no support. Euro may have picked the right train for a change :clap:

HECS followed by a HECS.:thumbsup:

Whether NCEP has a point we'll find out soon. They're basically saying go with the weaker NAM solution over all these other ones. They have some valid reasoning I'm just surprised they didn't mention the NAM's suck bias beyond 48 and in turn they go on to use it as reinforcement for an old EC run.

Bring on a nice strong Euro and we're off to the races.

As it is now looks like 3-6/4-8 potential in SE MA maybe EMA...not buying the GGEM yet but the RGEM would be even more insane

Archived