Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Issue Regarding AmericanWx Being blocked as "phishing site"

stormtracker

From WebSense

--------

Thank you for writing to Websense.

The site you submitted has been reviewed by Websense Security Labs.  We have made an update to the following URL(s) in our master database to address this issue:

http://www.americanwx.com/ - News and Media

Categorization updates should be available in the next scheduled publication of the database.  A new database is published every business day, five days a week, Pacific Standard Time.  You should notice any updates referred to in this message within 72 hours.

Thank you for your assistance,

The Websense Database Services StaffS.GFriday, November 19, 2010 8:40:03 AM

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

My work IP address is 167.127.218.60, and it's blocking americanwx.com. Not sure if it's the IP address that matters, or something else.

Any thoughts?

I'm not very tech-savvy...but if you'd be kind enough to let me know what information is needed and/or what I need to do, I can Google it and take it from there.

Thanks, as always, for your efforts!

Yeah it makes no sense. Why is this site getting blocked but no other weather boards do or ever have? Even worse..why did I get blocked today but was able to get in from work Mon-Wed this week?

It has to be something to do with the server.

Someone really needs to spend a lot of time on this and make it a # 1 to do priority

yehuda seems to be on it. (archie bunker mode on) that's what i always say, if ya needs somethin done, ya gotta toin it ovah to a jew.

Monday morning and still blocked. My IT guys aren't onsite. They are at corporate in Jersey. Any other sites you can try?

Kevin,

You have to help us out here. You need to find out what filtering site/software your company uses. We've cleared the major ones, so we need people to get us their info.

Kevin,

You have to help us out here. You need to find out what filtering site/software your company uses. We've cleared the major ones, so we need people to get us their info.

I can't really do that without them getting suspicious. I sent YH a phone number that comes up to call for assistance on the fraud message. But I don't know if they are just going to give out that information without a valid reason as to why he needs it. He needs to that you are just trying to clear your name from the fraud list and its for business related purposes or something like that. I don't know what else to do. This sucks man

I can't really do that without them getting suspicious. I sent YH a phone number that comes up to call for assistance on the fraud message. But I don't know if they are just going to give out that information without a valid reason as to why he needs it. He needs to that you are just trying to clear your name from the fraud list and its for business related purposes or something like that. I don't know what else to do. This sucks man

There goes your post count. :( Now it is time to do some work :lol:

Archived