Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Issue Regarding AmericanWx Being blocked as "phishing site"

stormtracker

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are making progress with this. 2 sites where we were previously marked as a phishing site have cleared our name. If users can post issues like this here, it would help us continue to get our names cleared with other security clearinghouses. Thanks!

as long as Naso isn't here we are good

We are making progress with this. 2 sites where we were previously marked as a phishing site have cleared our name. If users can post issues like this here, it would help us continue to get our names cleared with other security clearinghouses. Thanks!

Careful. This is what happened at Eastern. Everyone got phished off. :guitar:

After being able to log on from work all this week. I am back to getting the phishing and other frauds error message like I was getting last Friday. I'm posting this from phone. Any ideas on why it's blocking me after letting me on all week? I wonder if we got put back on a list that had cleared us earlier? HELP!!!

After being able to log on from work all this week. I am back to getting the phishing and other frauds error message like I was getting last Friday. I'm posting this from phone. Any ideas on why it's blocking me after letting me on all week? I wonder if we got put back on a list that had cleared us earlier? HELP!!!

Any idea who they use to report phishes?

Any idea who they use to report phishes?

I'm getting blocked now as well. Websense says phishing or other frauds.

Btw are proxies being blocked when logging on? Everytime I try to log in the proxy says there was an error. And this is after using like 4 or 5 of them.

I'm getting blocked now as well. Websense says phishing or other frauds.

Btw are proxies being blocked when logging on? Everytime I try to log in the proxy says there was an error. And this is after using like 4 or 5 of them.

We run websense at my office as well, but no problems accessing the site though.

It could be an upstream internet provider's list. It can take many days for a block to be removed from the domain servers around the internet - and if you're unlucky to be routing thru one that hasn't done it yet, you get blocked.

My internet server (which is telus.net, the monopoly phone company in B.C.) has this flagged as a "known fraudulent website" and so far I have not been able to avoid clicking on "go there anyway" every time I want to visit, change threads or post. I've sent them a request to change this but maybe there's something more general that can be done to lift this designation? I don't know much about such things. Apparently eastern is behind this, I suppose. One other thing I'm noticing, there is some problem with script on this forum. When I edit, all my hidden coding gets into the edit. And sometimes when I post, returns and spaces disappear. Any advice about this, and is anyone else having the same problem? Let's see if this appears as planned. There are supposed to be three paragraphs in this post. Open the pod bay door.

Yeah it makes no sense. Why is this site getting blocked but no other weather boards do or ever have? Even worse..why did I get blocked today but was able to get in from work Mon-Wed this week?

It has to be something to do with the server.

Someone really needs to spend a lot of time on this and make it a # 1 to do priority

My internet server (which is telus.net, the monopoly phone company in B.C.) has this flagged as a "known fraudulent website" and so far I have not been able to avoid clicking on "go there anyway" every time I want to visit, change threads or post. I've sent them a request to change this but maybe there's something more general that can be done to lift this designation? I don't know much about such things. Apparently eastern is behind this, I suppose. One other thing I'm noticing, there is some problem with script on this forum. When I edit, all my hidden coding gets into the edit. And sometimes when I post, returns and spaces disappear. Any advice about this, and is anyone else having the same problem? Let's see if this appears as planned. There are supposed to be three paragraphs in this post. Open the pod bay door.

Did the same to telus. I submitted a report.

same problem at my work, was fine for the past week until today

Yeah it makes no sense. Why is this site getting blocked but no other weather boards do or ever have? Even worse..why did I get blocked today but was able to get in from work Mon-Wed this week?

It has to be something to do with the server.

Someone really needs to spend a lot of time on this and make it a # 1 to do priority

Somebody IS and has been man. I understand the frustration, but YH has been working his ass off on this. We're at the mercy of these clearing houses.

Ok sounds good. Why is it happening to this site, but it never did to Eastern or any other weather boards? What is different?

Kevin what happens is whoever previously owned the domain name used it as a front to send out fraudulent attacks. Servers around the world iidentified the domain as fraudulent. The server then blocked any user from getting to the site. The hard part is getting the servers to now accept the domain. it will take a long time for the servers to recognize that this site is no longer fraudulent.

Kevin what happens is whoever previously owned the domain name used it as a front to send out fraudulent attacks. Servers around the world iidentified the domain as fraudulent. The server then blocked any user from getting to the site. The hard part is getting the servers to now accept the domain. it will take a long time for the servers to recognize that this site is no longer fraudulent.

THIS.

Before we got the domain, a file connected to this site was identified as fraudulent. We'll have to basically clear our name and this could take a little bit of time. We've done it with two sites already...and it appears as though websense is ok with us.

It's clearly working. After initially being able to register at work, I then went several days without being able to access the board from work. But, after about Tuesday, I haven't had any issues whatsoever. At first I thought the board actually went down, but it became apparent that wasn't the case and that it was the location that I was trying to log in from. The web filter/security here at work is pretty intense.

Archived