• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Upstate NY/North Country Winter Thread II

About the same here George...3.9" from cliipper and 3.75" from the LES band that sank thru in the wee hrs. We are on the fringe of the sort of single band now...we'll see how this plays out today. Congrats on Steelers...my guys imploded in regular season vs cheesesteak team.

Getting 2"/hr. stuff right now....big flakes...and once again, radars look "meager" over me....LiveDoppler has their beam set at an angle that gives a pretty broad/odd groundclutter filter that happens to reside over N. Onondaga Co. and S. Oswego Co. and the NWS radars look like someone fed them some drugs this morning. I'm approaching a foot for the entire event yesterday until now, with it piling up quite quickly ATT..

Thanks for the grats on the Stillers.....the way they play may shorten my life....:arrowhead:

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Total from clipper and LES at 9am this morning = 9.5" Only about 3.5" from LES. LEK - looks like you are going to beat us Tugsters again.

Just an odd year....I can't remember a year so deep into the season where the Tug was still behind vs. N. Onondaga Co. But it only takes one, 3-day event to blow by everyone east of the Rockies....

Currently snowing very hard here is southern oswego county and has been just about all day. The heavy part of the band is sitting right on top of my area. This has been a crazy weekend with the snow wasn't expecting this WOW.

I just have a few snowflakes falling right now...most of the accumulating snow is over here...Drier air is moving in...so this will shut down the band.

One decent LES band did the sweep through for about 30 mins this morning here and left a half inch ...could been 3/4 inch, but I was too lazy to measure before the wind came so I'll say .5" for the record. Yesterday's clipper left only 1.2", but I guess NWS at SUNYA had only a trace.

Looks like I was a bit low on the LES for the TUG and Western 'Dacks..

2.1" here on the clipper...

Curious LES today...some spotty squalls and light snow in general...only 2-3" since this morning. Single band is aligned right at me bit dying before it gets this far. Then i read that KBGM expects this band to move south again this evening. Most dissapointing. We've had maybe 6" of LES in total.

With the Dry air moving in I don't really see what their looking at......I guess places SE of the lake could see 1-2 inches at best.

Looks like I will have a run at -10 to -12 for overnight lows.

Archived