• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country Winter Thread II

That's what we hoped for with this last storm.......it didn't happen. This time we have the west team (GGEM, NAM looks like it would, UKMET) and the east team (EURO OTS, GFS glancing blow). I think it that the key things to watch are the speed of the southern jet shortwave entering California (I think we want it to move along so it can phase with the energy diving down from Canada) and the placement of the polar vortex in Eastern Canada (I think we want it to slide west.......just not too far west). How many hours will be spent on the computer tracking this one. I remember when JI calculated his hours on the computer to snowfall in inches ratio during a midatlantic slump. It wasn't pretty. :lmao:

yup the ecm gives the MA another snowstorm..Hopefully the models converge in the middle lol

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And for my 100th post, I present our latest team member, the good old NOGAPS....Go NAVY!!! Looks like a decent track for Upstaters.

Yeah, possibly, though I tend to believe it would be a glancing blow post H144, and most likely I-90 South. The 12z JMA is fairly similar, and this solution is somewhat supportive of the more suppressed / less phased ECM / GFS, albeit a track that is a tad more north / west and a bit more generous on the QPF....

post-538-0-84869800-1296156082.gif

CNYWX guy, you should go ahead and start a new thread for the storm next week IMO

You know... Andy and TG have been starting all the storm threads thus far and not many have panned out to this point for the majority of Upstaters and Canadians. Could this really be the reason for storms avoiding Upstate?

Maybe we should nominate someone different to start a thread for each potential storm until one of them has their way with us...

You know... Andy and TG have been starting all the storm threads thus far and not many have panned out to this point for the majority of Upstaters and Canadians. Could this really be the reason for storms avoiding Upstate?

Maybe we should nominate someone different to start a thread for each potential storm until one of them has their way with us...

:lol: Yea i was thinking the same thing before, no disrespect to TG and andy ofcourse..But maybe u are the chosen one.. :thumbsup:

go ahead and do it dude

just post some maps and we are good to go!

Maybe you're on to something :lol:

With a track like this we just need an expansive precip shield and we'll be fine, although this last storm looked like it was going to be larger in the long range than it was. More digging would be a good thing with the NOGAPS to help pull it north more. Lots of possibilities on the table at this point.

Yeah, possibly, though I tend to believe it would be a glancing blow post H144, and most likely I-90 South. The 12z JMA is fairly similar, and this solution is somewhat supportive of the more suppressed / less phased ECM / GFS, albeit a track that is a tad more north / west and a bit more generous on the QPF....

post-538-0-84869800-1296156082.gif

Archived