• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV/Big Jim: OBS 12-27/1-1-2011

LMolineuxLM1

Discussions here for this week as some will be digging out and some will be just dusting off.

Also looking at the forecast models we have a warmup with rain by the end of the week into the weekend. Some areas like Central NJ and Northern NJ down through South Jersey might have some worry or concerns about flooding.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Discussions here for this week as some will be digging out and some will be just dusting off.

Also looking at the forecast models we have a warmup with rain by the end of the week into the weekend. Some areas like Central NJ and Northern NJ down through South Jersey might have some worry or concerns about flooding.

Flooding concerns should be limited. As of right now the storm is progged to go so far west we'll miss the heavy rains. Should be a gradual melt. Not like Jan. 1996 when we had temps in the 50s/60s with 2.00"+ of rain coming with it.

Here in NW Chesco we did not radiate very well (as usual with a little elevation) our low was only 21.6. Yesterday's high was 36.8 - this was the highest since 12/13. We have been below normal for 27 of the 29 days this month....very impressive cold! Eleven days have had sub 32 high temps.

Still 4" of snow on the ground...Wxsim has it all gone by Sunday.....then we wait for the mix and ice chances that I smell on the horizon.

Happy Holidays to all!

Paul

Wow, only 4 inches? 21" on the ground in Elizabeth this morning!

He didn't have that much to begin with. We *might* have 6 inches here, probably more like 5 or even 4 (but honestly I haven't actually gone to measure).

There's now a Davis VantagePro2 installed at my parents home, so at least now I can report temps *right here* ;) High of 43 so far today.

Something seems to be up with the Wilmington, DE hourly obs- 9:51am it was 33, 10:51 it was 42, 11:51 it was 49, 12:51 it was 54, 1:51 it was down to 41, 2:51 it was up to 60

Looks like a faulty aspirator. Not uncommon with ASOS. Hopefully they'll get out to fix it soon.

made it up to 43.2° today, the third day in a row around or above 40. and still a 3-4" snowpack in most places.

i was in trenton last night and there is a large open area by the War Memorial, the snow blew and then froze undisturbed. it now looks like a frozen desert, with wavy lines in it.

Wow, only 4 inches? 21" on the ground in Elizabeth this morning!

Yup, now I can see a few grass blades peeking through the snowpack. It was nice to have around for almost a week though. Last year I enjoy the 20+" snowpacks for weeks. I don't mind NOT having that this time around, as long as we get a few sizeable storms, like the 7" we had Sunday.

Temperatures today reached the lower 40s after the cold start.

Archived