snywx Posted September 20 Share Posted September 20 3 hours ago, IrishRob17 said: A nice soaking rain all morning, the radar doesn't do it justice, up to .95 on the day, 4.08 for the month, 60/58. 1.31" since midnight imby 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
IrishRob17 Posted September 20 Author Share Posted September 20 11 minutes ago, snywx said: 1.31" since midnight imby Up to 1.23" here 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gravitylover Posted September 20 Share Posted September 20 .55 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
xram Posted September 20 Share Posted September 20 .67" for the day so far Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BxEngine Posted September 21 Share Posted September 21 Radar estimate was only like .3, actually a tad over .6. Annoying ass light rain lol Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
IrishRob17 Posted September 21 Author Share Posted September 21 1 hour ago, BxEngine said: Radar estimate was only like .3, actually a tad over .6. Annoying ass light rain lol Yeah the radar was deceiving, it was a steady light rain until late in the day here, 1.28" total. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gravitylover Posted September 21 Share Posted September 21 That steady mist and light rain left me with a .6 total. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gravitylover Posted September 25 Share Posted September 25 Looks like Sunday morning at Bethel Woods is gonna be pretty wet for the Harvest Festival. I hate when we have to prepay the vendor fee for a rain or shine event and it turns out to be a washout 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wishcast_hater Posted September 26 Share Posted September 26 So far nothing to write home about. Just some wind and a shower. If this was a snow event people would be writing “storm cancelled” posts. I realize the main event is tonight into tomorrow. . Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hitman Posted September 27 Share Posted September 27 1.77” so far Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
IrishRob17 Posted September 27 Author Share Posted September 27 .35” here, lots of smaller branch’s, 4-6’ long, down in the yard and driveway. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rclab Posted September 27 Share Posted September 27 Good morning everyone. 1.76 for the Central Park storm total, so far. I believe the rain was heavier in the postage stamp or as I call it the Interior NW & NE Burbs embassy in Brooklyn. I was thinking of getting a good weather station set up but I’d probably mess it up in the set up. Actually how different from the current park set up results could that be? Oh well another item added to the bucket list. I’d try to empty it but … you know …. The only way that will happen is when that bucket gets kicked. Stay well all, as always …. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
xram Posted September 27 Share Posted September 27 .75" so far. Some small branches and shredded leaves littering the landscape. Misty at the moment with a stiff breeze. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hudsonvalley21 Posted September 27 Share Posted September 27 30 minutes ago, xram said: .75" so far. Some small branches and shredded leaves littering the landscape. Misty at the moment with a stiff breeze. .70 here so far. Same here with small branches and leaves all around. Anyone hear or see what the situation is with the water along the Hudson, especially around the Newburgh waterfront area? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
snywx Posted September 27 Share Posted September 27 .67 here so far. Just some small branches and lots of leaves scattered around. Had a few gust of around 30 or so late last night but otherwise uneventful. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
IrishRob17 Posted September 27 Author Share Posted September 27 Yeah, there’s an impressive, and annoying, amount of shredded leaves and twigs covered everything. Needed to use the blower on my windshield. Up to .53” with much less wind now and constant drizzle/mist. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gravitylover Posted September 27 Share Posted September 27 1.85 Plenty of small branches and leaves but nothing of consequence. The raspberry patch is a tangled mess of flopped over plants. Even so, I managed to pull a half pound this morning. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hitman Posted September 27 Share Posted September 27 7 hours ago, rclab said: Good morning everyone. 1.76 for the Central Park storm total, so far. I believe the rain was heavier in the postage stamp or as I call it the Interior NW & NE Burbs embassy in Brooklyn. I was thinking of getting a good weather station set up but I’d probably mess it up in the set up. Actually how different from the current park set up results could that be? Oh well another item added to the bucket list. I’d try to empty it but … you know …. The only way that will happen is when that bucket gets kicked. Stay well all, as always …. My station crapped out a few weeks ago and I just swapped it with a new one. Couldn’t be easier to set up. Install batteries, plug in display, set date/time. 1 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
IrishRob17 Posted September 27 Author Share Posted September 27 27 minutes ago, Hitman said: My station crapped out a few weeks ago and I just swapped it with a new one. Couldn’t be easier to set up. Install batteries, plug in display, set date/time. I agree, I have confidence that @rclab could do it. In some events there would be an interesting difference between Central Park and the Embassy in Brooklyn. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
IrishRob17 Posted September 28 Author Share Posted September 28 Up to 1.37" for the storm and 5.79" for the month. The radar indicates I should pass 6" for September. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hitman Posted September 28 Share Posted September 28 Approaching 3” storm total. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gravitylover Posted September 28 Share Posted September 28 1.3 today, 3.2 total so far. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
xram Posted September 28 Share Posted September 28 1.60" for the day and event total 2.67" so far. 7.61" for the month 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hudsonvalley21 Posted September 28 Share Posted September 28 1.63” for the day and event total of 2.48”. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
snywx Posted September 29 Share Posted September 29 1.24" today.. 2.18" for the event Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Juliancolton Posted yesterday at 04:34 PM Share Posted yesterday at 04:34 PM I was surprised to see plenty of past-peak foliage in the Catskills already this weekend, especially around Shandaken and West Kill. There's a lot of great color around though. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
IrishRob17 Posted yesterday at 06:09 PM Author Share Posted yesterday at 06:09 PM 1 hour ago, Juliancolton said: I was surprised to see plenty of past-peak foliage in the Catskills already this weekend, especially around Shandaken and West Kill. There's a lot of great color around though. Hoping that all that rain in September isn't going to muck up the leaves, the sugars in my yard have blight. The weather this week should help in general. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BxEngine Posted 6 hours ago Share Posted 6 hours ago I know memories get tainted by time and misremembering…but i swear i remember most years as a kid trick or treating, there being leaf piles for us to jump in while walking around the neighborhood. This year the color is definitely earlier than the last few and looks like it could be a really good year with the exception of the same blight rob mentioned in some of ours too. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
IrishRob17 Posted 2 hours ago Author Share Posted 2 hours ago 6 hours ago, BxEngine said: I know memories get tainted by time and misremembering…but i swear i remember most years as a kid trick or treating, there being leaf piles for us to jump in while walking around the neighborhood. This year the color is definitely earlier than the last few and looks like it could be a really good year with the exception of the same blight rob mentioned in some of ours too. Agreed, lots of leaves. I remember one year as a teenager I stuffed an old pair of jeans with leaves and had the jeans protruding from a bigger pile of leaves next to our walkway. On Halloween night I swapped out those jeans with myself, upper body buried under the leaves. As I was laying there little kids were trick or treating so I just remained still as to not scare them. Then two teenage girls I knew from the neighborhood came up the walkway. I laid still as they walked past to the front door, trying not to laugh as one said to the other "It looks so real!" Then as they walked past me after getting their loot I kicked my leg over onto the walkway and I rose up through the pile of leaves that I was under. They were screaming as they ran away down the street... Low of 38 this morning, 56/34 currently, we'll see about some frost, perhaps a quick freeze, tomorrow morning. 1 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hitman Posted 56 minutes ago Share Posted 56 minutes ago I drove up to VT via the Taconic Friday and returned Sunday. I would say central VT was at or near peak. Southern VT decidedly not there yet. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now