joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
RUC bufkit

HKY_WX

16z ruc

AVL - through 18 hours .650 still snowing, all snow temp

HKY - through 18 hours .713 still snowing, all snow

CLT - precip starts at 7PM, goes to snow quickly after initially rain/snow, .315 through 18 hours still snowing

GSO - snow starts at 3PM, .567 through 18 hours still snowing

RDU - snow starts at 9PM, start as rain/snow mix, quickly to snow, .154 through 6AM, still snowing and increasingly rapidly after 5am

FFC - starts as rain, changes to snow around 5 to 6 PM, .35 is mostly likely rain, thereafter snow, with another .225 ends at 11PM

GSP - starts at 3PM, maybe rain/snow mix, quickly to snow, .504 through 18 hours, still snowing

AHN - starts at 2PM, rain/snow till 5PM after .237, then all snow, .6 total still snowing through 18 hours

16z ruc

CLT - precip starts at 7PM, goes to snow quickly after initially rain/snow, .315 through 18 hours still snowing

RDU - snow starts at 9PM, start as rain/snow mix, quickly to snow, .154 through 6AM, still snowing and increasingly rapidly after 5am

FFC - starts as rain, changes to snow around 5 to 6 PM, .35 is mostly likely rain, thereafter snow, with another .225 ends at 11PM

GSP - starts at 3PM, maybe rain/snow mix, quickly to snow, .504 through 18 hours, still snowing

AHN - starts at 2PM, rain/snow till 5PM after .237, then all snow, .6 total still snowing through 18 hours

I guess maybe add Clemson airport as well..if u don't mind kind sir?

16z ruc

Snow began at 11:30 am at GSO, 11 a.m in INT. At least Winston-Salem already has 3/4" of snow, so maybe RUC is underestimating in Triad

19z RUC, this is from 2pm on

avl- through 18 hours,all snow, .598 still snowing lightly at hour 18

hky- through 18 hours, all snow, .831, ends at 8AM

clt- rain/snow through 8pm, then all snow, .902, still snowing at hour 18

gso- all snow, .819 by hour 18, still snowing

rdu- all snow, precip begins at 1am, .406 through hour 18, still snowing

gsp- rain/snow switches to all snow by 5pm, .083 of rain/snow, then .634 of snow, still snowing at hour 18

ffc-rain/snow till 7pm, then all snow, .205 rain/snow and .181 snow, snow ends at 11pm

ahn-rain/snow from 6pm, then to all snow, .273 rain/snow, .265 snow, snow ends at 7am

gsp- rain/snow switches to all snow by 5pm, .083 of rain/snow, then .634 of snow, still snowing at hour 18

ffc-rain/snow till 7pm, then all snow, .205 rain/snow and .181 snow, snow ends at 11pm

ahn-rain/snow from 6pm, then to all snow, .273 rain/snow, .265 snow, snow ends at 7am

Brandon,

I have literally given up. It keeps getting pushed back on the start time for snow in CLT area. The radar is starting to show some holes as the bands move in. Do you think we (here in CLT) still have a shot at some decent accumluating snow? Thanks

Wow...though we might loose a little if we don't change over that's very impressive. Hope Allan is right and we get a fast change over.

Brandon,

I have literally given up. It keeps getting pushed back on the start time for snow in CLT area. The radar is starting to show some holes as the bands move in. Do you think we (here in CLT) still have a shot at some decent accumluating snow? Thanks

don't give up bro, trust me. once this low cranks up, you will get snow tonight.

Brandon,

Damn dude I know I keep saying it, but the start time hasn't been pushed back....I think people are getting confused because that system from the north way over-performed. Our snow wasn't supposed to start until around 6 or so. I'm not worried at all, everything seems to be on schedule to me and with the news of our low getting stronger it can only bode well for us.

Damn dude I know I keep saying it, but the start time hasn't been pushed back....I think people are getting confused because that system from the north way over-performed. Our snow wasn't supposed to start until around 6 or so. I'm not worried at all, everything seems to be on schedule to me and with the news of our low getting stronger it can only bode well for us.

yeah, I think people are panicking because the North Stream upstaged the south and got going this morning. All the snow reports from the Triad and mountains has made the rest of the region giddy for it to start elsewhere.

So the precip is not supposed to start until 1 am here? So much for a white Christmas.

I thought our snow was supposed to start this evening, too.

It will...this is why Brandon made a thread to post updates on the RUC, it CHANGES....don't think 1am is etched in stone because it's definitely not...precip should start tonight.

RUC is sometimes a little slow on start time and little late on end time. Usually by an hour or two.

^see above

the precip will probably start backing from the south and southeast pretty shortly. the ruc wind barbs at 850 switch from WSW at 4pm to SSE at 7pm around western and central nc. I think you'll see a pretty decent change in the configuration of the precip trajectory b/n now and then.

Archived