Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pa. Spring 2024

7 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I guess it's time to tell you guys.

This past Tuesday, I lost my mom. She passed peacefully late afternoon. She couldn't overcome the digestive system infection (c diff) that she contracted while in rehab for a broken hip.

I sat with her, holding her hand as she slipped away to the other side, reiterating that I loved her, but that I was ok, and that I wanted her to be pain free, to see again, and be with my dad and brother again.

We had some differences of opinion while I was here, but I hope my being here in Arizona was a comforting factor over the past year and a half that I spent with her.

Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family during this difficult time. What you did for your mother the last year and a half is really mostly unheard of  in todays busy society. There are alot that wouldn't have done what you done. I commend you on being there for her, taking care of her and watching out for her. And I know it wasn't easy on you and your family.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mahantango#1 said:

Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family during this difficult time. What you did for your mother the last year and a half is really mostly unheard of  in todays busy society. There are alot that wouldn't have done what you done. I commend you on being there for her, taking care of her and watching out for her. And I know it wasn't easy on you and your family.

What he said....very nice note. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SPC expecting a stormy afternoon for most of CPA tomorrow
IMG_4930.thumb.jpeg.e49052a760bd702694f910df1e60f01f.jpeg
Cumberland county scores well from this direction. I say that remembering our worst storms last year were moving sw from the ne

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Sunday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11pm, then a chance of showers between 11pm and 2am. Some of the storms could be severe. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. West wind 6 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible

Doesn't make sense how do you get half to three guarters of an inch precip with only 40% chance?

49 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:
Sunday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11pm, then a chance of showers between 11pm and 2am. Some of the storms could be severe. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. West wind 6 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible

Doesn't make sense how do you get half to three guarters of an inch precip with only 40% chance?

It won’t be a long line - it’ll be discrete cells. 

My flight is set to land at 1035 pm. Thinking that’s not going to happen. 

• Like 1

Steve,

I am monumentally sorry for your loss. Not many people would uproot their entire existence at the risk of their own families to comfort a loved one an entire continent away, even if that were their own mother.

You're a saint of the earth for that. I have to think your mom knew that.

It's time to come home, buddy.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

@Itstrainingtime our hockey teams do not deserve a playoff spot at this point (IMO) but the massive number of 3-point games happening down the stretch is also a major factor in pushing them out.  

Edit-Of course Iran attacking Israel overshadows anything like hockey.  

Well stated on all accounts. 

I’ve watched this at least a dozen times…hearing that Bedford pa accent saying f*** is just chefs kiss
I didn't know there was a central PA accent until I moved to Palmyra and the people with the ridiculous PA Dutch accent started saying "We don't like your kind around here. Where you from, Hoss?" And had variations of that question asked by people from both shores of the Susquehanna.

"You ain't from 'rounchere, where you from?"

Two counties over, Stolzenfus, let's not act like I'm from another planet. Unless my planet uses electricity and running water.

3 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

It's gorgeous outside already. Sunny and 42°F and the birbs are chirping. Perfect day for a severe thunderstorm.

Most of the meso's are still not excited mainly based on the timing of the front for much of us...well after dark.   3K has a nice little squall line out your way, nothing for the LSV. 

• Like 1

Much better wording this morning...makes more sense than last night.

Tonight
Showers and thunderstorms likely before midnight, then a slight chance of showers between midnight and 1am. Some storms could be severe, with damaging winds. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. West wind 6 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
  • Like 2

48 mph wind gust was the winner yesterday. It was a chore trying to just pump gas in the wind yesterday. 

Between the rain and the wind the last couple of weeks, the weather hasn’t been that enjoyable. 

Steve sorry for your loss. At least now your mom is in a better place. Hopefully you can get on with your life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1