• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pa. Spring 2024

Clipper time.  Late tomorrow afternoon and tomorrow night could be a good soaker as well.    Some snow maybe for our Northern folks tomorrow evening and then again Tue. 
 image.thumb.png.7efe49ef5ba372822b961e4d62ede3f5.png

Looks like blue man is taking a huge green....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

10 of the last 12 days have featured below normal temperatures....today and tomorrow will be close to normal before more below normal weather arrives to begin the month of April.
After some sun today and shower chances this evening it should be a beautiful Easter Day tomorrow before a very rainy week sets in starting Monday till Thursday AM. We could see almost 3 inches of rain across parts of the area.
Records for today: High temp 88 Coatesville (1998) / Low 12 Phoenixville (1921) 1.93" West Chester (2001) / Snow 4.5" West Grove (1942)
image.png.dee5cc5d475f713912eb4960a6157c21.png

2 hours ago, anotherman said:

It’s one game. Last year they started 0-4 and came within a win of the World Series.

On the flip side of that, the Dbacks are 2-0, winning decisively last night after their epic home opener on Thursday. I'm really hoping that they run away with the NL West and hand the ridiculously overpaying Dodgers their asses this year.

Sunshine through some high clouds and up to 56 at noon. Turning out to be a really nice spring day here.

Looks like if it rains at all here, it will be after dark tonight. More sun tomorrow followed by rain after dark tomorrow night. 

Timing here ends up giving us a pretty nice weekend all things considered.

18 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

About 1/10" of rain in the bucket so far at rou based on the remote station update.  In Fairfield right now and rain as just started here.  55.

Tale of 2 different areas today for sure. It's actually sunnier now than it has been most of the day. 60 degrees.

Edit: there are darker clouds to my west now.

19 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Tale of 2 different areas today for sure. It's actually sunnier now than it has been most of the day. 60 degrees.

Edit: there are darker clouds to my west now.

I was surprised in streamed in this early.  I thought I had more time and was thinking it would get here after 2..  Not sure what is reaching the ground but radar has rain over the West Shore now. 

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was surprised in streamed in this early.  I thought I had more time and was thinking it would get here after 2..  Not sure what is reaching the ground but radar has rain over the West Shore now. 

It has gotten noticeably darker here now. 58. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sunshine through some high clouds and up to 56 at noon. Turning out to be a really nice spring day here.

Looks like if it rains at all here, it will be after dark tonight. More sun tomorrow followed by rain after dark tomorrow night. 

Timing here ends up giving us a pretty nice weekend all things considered.

2:05pm uodate: it's raining. Failtrainingtime.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

MU is saying that next week's weather might be the worst 5 day stretch relative to normal for the entire year. Ended by saying "where was this during winter?"

I am fearful that cutoff in winter would have just been miserable and dry here.   But I am guessing someone here (other than me, so it is not a situation of me calling myself right) sees flakes next week. 

On the flip side of that, the Dbacks are 2-0, winning decisively last night after their epic home opener on Thursday. I'm really hoping that they run away with the NL West and hand the ridiculously overpaying Dodgers their asses this year.
The Dbacks are playing the worst team in baseball. That 14-run inning they served up may be surpassed by 20-run innings the Rockies give up to the Dodgers and Braves this year. We'll see how the Dbacks are when they play a major league club.

The only thing that is keeping the Dodgers from 110 wins is a sandbag in August to keep them from getting a bye round. They and Atlanta are 0-2 on the byes, so I wouldn't be shocked to see some sandbagging in the NL between the Dodgers, Braves, Phillies, and Cubs which may lead to a shock division winner like the Red, Giants, or Dbacks.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

MU is saying that next week's weather might be the worst 5 day stretch relative to normal for the entire year. Ended by saying "where was this during winter?"

On the subject of if only during the winter, how long since we have had a winter clipper taking on the whole state like the clipper today is:

image.thumb.png.3c549434b0e7a4aff1b209252d97133a.png

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Lets face it, our best winter patterns over the last few years have come in April lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am fearful that cutoff in winter would have just been miserable and dry here.   But I am guessing someone here (other than me, so it is not a situation of me calling myself right) sees flakes next week. 

MU is actually mentioning snow for Lanco later next week...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

The Dbacks are playing the worst team in baseball. That 14-run inning they served up may be surpassed by 20-run innings the Rockies give up to the Dodgers and Braves this year. We'll see how the Dbacks are when they play a major league club.

The only thing that is keeping the Dodgers from 110 wins is a sandbag in August to keep them from getting a bye round. They and Atlanta are 0-2 on the byes, so I wouldn't be shocked to see some sandbagging in the NL between the Dodgers, Braves, Phillies, and Cubs which may lead to a shock division winner like the Red, Giants, or Dbacks.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Yeah, the Rockies suck. My post was mostly about how much I hate the Dodgers. 

I do think the Dbacks have a pretty good, competitive team, though. Would love to see a Phillies/Dbacks series again this fall, as I am a big fan of both teams.

Looks like the cut off is forecast to give 2"-3" of rain this next week. Maybe the models got better and we actually get that amount. I will laugh if we get under an inch for the entire week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Looks like the cut off is forecast to give 2"-3" of rain this next week. Maybe the models got better and we actually get that amount. I will laugh if we get under an inch for the entire week.

Much of that rain is from a clipper bowling ball that comes a day to a day and a half before the second/cutoff low.   It cuts through central PA but if it trended south of us, snow would be in play for all of us from that system as well.  

37 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yeah, despite the way radar looks I'm only at .04" so far.

We are banging .17 here now.  We have puddles which is always good.    Our solar lights are not coming on tonight after 90 min of sun.  Hopefully we get at least a half day of sun in tomorrow.  

29 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

This clipper is all bark no bite. Barely even rains when under heavy returns. Might have 0.05". It all just evaporates

Typical Clipper…

.03 of rain so far here.

The old saying from my handbook states, “Never count on a Clipper”.