• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pa. Spring 2024

As a Zags fan dating back to their "The Slipper Still Fits" season, Few needs to shut up. You're pounding an also-ran while some kid who will be stocking groceries this time next year is nearing the all-time single-game three point shot conversion record while beating a 3 seed as a 14. Focus more on not losing to Santa Clara so you can avoid Kansas in the second round.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Lows this AM were as cold as 19.3 in Warwick Township this AM - our coldest morning since back on February 25th. Sunny and below normal temps today before the rainstorm moves in tonight through tomorrow. The NWS has a flood watch posted for over 3 inches of rain for much of the area. Sunny and continued chilly by Sunday.
County wide records for today: The earliest 90 degree reading was today in Phoenixville back in 1948 / Low 6 above at both Devault and Phoenixville in 1956 / Rain 5.23" in Chadds Ford in 2000/ Snowfall 7.0" in West Grove in 1964
image.png.946ed890f982a2d960fdc74ce7c09454.png
  • Like 1

As predicted by a few, MDT's average temp for March is taking a fast dive with the colder days upon us...even a low AN day makes this average go down since it was so high.  MDT is currently tied for 7th but will probably drop to 12th or 13th by the time the weekend is over.   LR models do not suggest there will be the needed heat to see March make a run back toward the top.    Of interest in this chart is the absence of great amounts of 2000's years like a lot of the other climate charts we see.   Less than half these numbers are since 2000. 

image.png.7cc9ff25230d8ccbc204e88ff55a3e19.png

• Like 3

I don't understand how or why but I always start out great on Thursday and fall apart on Friday. Went 12/16 yesterday losing only Kentucky for any length (last night I said I had them out in the elite eight, turns out I misread that, I had them in the final four).

So far today/tonight I am 5/8, having lost Auburn, Florida, and FAU, none of which I had going deep. Duke and A&M now going to make it 7/10, with Purdue and Bama in control to take it 9/12 headed to the nightcap. This may be the best first round I've had in a while.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

34 here.  Snow reports in Cumberland and upper Dauphin County over the last 4 or so hours.  No accums of course.   Sim radar has mix or snow in Tamaqua.    Outside the Nam, the models this AM are not really flood looks for the Capital Beltway area and West.  More toward Chesco and East for the heavy rains.   Some are less than 1" at MDT.   0Z GFS still close to some late March snow showing snow mixed on the western side of the shield next weekend (again, apologies to opening day, not trying to be selfish.) 

image.png.a79aa91b10bf18ee5974d029f21a03a0.png

I am at 90% of all brackets on my bracket on ESPN right now.  I had not picked Auburn or UK to get to the Elite 8 so still looking decent.  Not going SEC heavy has helped my long-range outlook so far.  23-9 the first round.    Grand Canyon was my big stretch pick that pulled through. 

• Like 1