• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Central Pa. Spring 2024

4 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I just don't want our break to mean straight to 90s. I need some nice days in the 70s. If it's a choice between this or 90s I'll take this.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Hopefully with Voyagers return he'll bring the heat so we can dry out.

• Like 2

Hi. Thanks for responding to my post. Could you retry giving me the link about the wildfires in Wisconsin? It is the strangest thing but when I click on it. I keep bringing up the last image I had in my post, the one I saved last year of the Purple Air numbers near me. Thanks a lot. 
Just this risk. I have family Wisconsin and I know they had a really dry wintertapatalk_-804381128_632x355.jpg

• Like 1

0.58" of rain since yesterday here in East Nantmeal with 0.21" since midnight. Cloudy and chilly weather for May continues through the upcoming weekend with the greatest chances of rain being today and again on Saturday. The sun may should return again by Monday and we should finally see temps rising back to near normal levels again by Tuesday.
Chester County records for today: High 95 degrees at Coatesville 1SW (1900) / Low 32 degrees at Devault 1W (1954) / Rain 2.09" at East Nantmeal (2012)
image.png.f7b66da98f1963d36e72099943d168c3.png

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Talk about mold and germs! 

Sir, my who-weres are of the cleanest sort. Every 72 hours they are required to inject Clorox into the honey hole and Liquid Plumr up the Hershey highway (in this case, not 422 into Lebanon). 

If the mold and germs start to overcome that, I have access to a wood chipper and the ability to move on quickly. 

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Looks like another rainy weekend ahead, oh joy

Maybe...but it looks a lot less wet than it did yesterday at this time. I think Sunday is still very much in play for better weather - Saturday looks like some rain is a good bet at some point. 

WPC 7 day map only shows about .50" - .75" total rainfall over the next 7 days. That included this morning. 

More importantly: Pittsburgh hotel reservations will be made by this guy tonight after 8pm. 

• Like 1

A lot dryer today than I imagined it would be based on models.  Sun peeking through and 65 for nooners. 
It's been misty and swampy all morning. Did a two mile walk and I am soaked

• Like 1

Over here it has not been like that.  Roads are drying and the sun is out right now (in and out)
Does anyone here have access to Penn State students Masters or PhD thesis? I'm positive in the long storied history of the meteorology/climate program, that a few have based their thesis on microclimates within Pennsylvania. It seems like in South central pa alone you could probably divide things up into 4-5 smaller zones climate wise

Also if anyone is interested there a a two hour advanced radar class being given virtually 6-8 on Monday the 20th.

The two other virtual classes I've taken from NWS in the past couple weeks have been wonderful

• Like 1

I have seen beer, not liquor yet.   Trust me, Florida Crackers drink alcohol like it is water so sort of makes sense.  
The other question I have is why in God's name were there so many red lobsters in Florida.

Just now, Jns2183 said:

The other question I have is why in God's name were there so many red lobsters in Florida.

Because they got sun burnt?

In seriousness, a lot of people go to place slike that when on vacation so....Florida.  Florida is one gigantic consumerism state.  

• Haha 1

Because they got sun burnt?

In seriousness, a lot of people go to place slike that when on vacation so....Florida.  Florida is one gigantic consumerism state.  
That's so different than me. If I'm in Florida I'm finding that hole in a wall place that dumps amazing gulf shrimp on picnic table and sells cheap beer. Or a real nice locally owned place that has people at the docks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1