• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Central Pa. Spring 2024

My poor daughter. She called me because shes bored to tears. She's a teacher and took a part time summer job at our local ice cream parlor/mini golf course, and she said she's only had two customers all day.

I guess the rain and cold, plus folks with Mother's Day restaurant reservations, is keeping people away.

NWS doesn't really agree. Here's next 5 days. I'm all for wet upon wet. I fear for a June to July dry spell this year that combined with the heat will turn our lawns and trees into fire starters 20240512_182038.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Tell the Griffon I said Hi.  

Those days of going to Busch Gardens are over for me, but my 6 y/o granddaughter had her first ride on the Loch Ness Monster yesterday and loved it. Her mother was only 4 when I  took her!

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

I’m gonna need you to be my  forecaster for Sarasota from Thursday to Sunday please and thank you. 

I will be on it since I will be in Daytona and Ocala the same time.   My trip changed from West Coast to East coast as to the first part of it.  Sarasota > than Daytona though, IMO. 

23 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

What are we looking like?

Different depictions ranging from 1/2 or 3/4-1+" or 1-2".  That is a healthy rainfall for just 3 days. 

2 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Those days of going to Busch Gardens are over for me, but my 6 y/o granddaughter had her first ride on the Loch Ness Monster yesterday and loved it. Her mother was only 4 when I  took her!

That is the new Loch Ness as well.  Have not had the chance yet so not sure how much it changed.   Although it would be expensive to do it, Busch is great just for walking around and watching the sites.  Plus, some decent shows. 

Different depictions ranging from 1/2 or 3/4-1+" or 1-2".  That is a healthy rainfall for just 3 days. 
Have you looked at any of the extended forecasts? I think June may be an issue, but also think we could get a tropical system up here

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is the new Loch Ness as well.  Have not had the chance yet so not sure how much it changed.   Although it would be expensive to do it, Busch is great just for walking around and watching the sites.  Plus, some decent shows. 

My daughter said they replaced the track.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, canderson said:

I’m gonna need you to be my  forecaster for Sarasota from Thursday to Sunday please and thank you. 

PS, take it for what it is....model reading...but the GFS has a ridge protecting much of Florida that whole time at a price.   95-100 each day when you get inland which is about as hot as it can get there with the ocean nearby.   If you are near the coast, not nearly that hot...stay West of route 75. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

PS, take it for what it is....model reading...but the GFS has a ridge protecting much of Florida that whole time as a price.   95-100 each da when you get inland which is about as hot as it can get there with the ocean nearby.   If you are near the coast, not nearly that hot...stay West of route 75. 

They live literally on the beach so maybe I won’t immediately combust 

• Like 1