Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Central Pa. Spring 2024

Parents in Texas saw them. 

I see clouds. 
I stood there until a break and took a 5 second exposure. Lots of pink with that. Clouds definitely have a tint to them. We are screwed for this event because dense Fog going to form as soon as a clouds go away.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Northern Lights! I see others were surprised to see them on 11 o'clock News too. Cloud coverage unexpectedly did or may breakup in different places in our part of PA. Williamsport is supposed to stay at 90% or higher overnight. 

Here is current satellite. Maybe someone here can see them where they are and maybe get a picture now or later tonight. But seeing them in person is most important thing. I never thought I'd ever get a chance to do that here. Seems so strange to think I could see them if clouds weren't in my way.

2064003684_chrome_screenshot_May10202411_11_30PMEDT.thumb.png.5ebfa7ce517ef1e971902c8db0f056a6.png

Northern Lights! I see others were surprised to see them on 11 o'clock News too. Cloud coverage unexpectedly did or may breakup in different places in our part of PA. Williamsport is supposed to stay at 90% or higher overnight. 
Here is current satellite. Maybe someone here can see them where they are and maybe get a picture now or later tonight. But seeing them in person is most important thing. I never thought I'd ever get a chance to do that here. Seems so strange to think I could see them if clouds weren't in my way.
2064003684_chrome_screenshot_May10202411_11_30PMEDT.thumb.png.5ebfa7ce517ef1e971902c8db0f056a6.png

You can usually see them around here once every 10-20 years

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

While today will be a bit warmer and sunnier than yesterday we will still end up with high temps in the low 60's a good 10 degrees cooler than we should be on May 11th. Rain returns tonight into tomorrow before the sun returns Monday.
Chester County records for today: High 93 degrees at Kennett Square (1896) / Low 28 degrees at Coatesville 1SW (1947) / Rain 2.95" Phoenixville (1931)
image.png.d42436d95127d2216283894bf98fa47a.png

Northern Lights! #2: Looks like the geomagnetic storm may stick around longer. Williamsport's cloud cover is supposed to be bad for several more days-plus we are supposed to get .5" rain tonight-so I doubt i will get to see them. I am hoping some of you will.

GNTHkHNWMAAF8OA.jpeg.54fb4c90f0976918bc4ecbd33e28ebae.jpeg

Very important tip I saw mentioned numerous times. I am passing it along for people who will have much clearer skies Saturday and Sunday nights.  

"You Can Get a Better View of the Northern Lights With Your Phone

The aurora display may be visible on your phone, even when it's not to the naked eye"

https://lifehacker.com/tech/how-to-view-northern-lights-with-smartphone

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CoralRed said:

The aurora display may be visible on your phone, even when it's not to the naked eye"

100% true. My niece was bummed that she couldn't see them, but she took a few pics anyway, and there they were.

• Like 1

Northern Lights! #2: Looks like the geomagnetic storm may stick around longer. Williamsport's cloud cover is supposed to be bad for several more days-plus we are supposed to get .5" rain tonight-so I doubt i will get to see them. I am hoping some of you will.
GNTHkHNWMAAF8OA.jpeg.54fb4c90f0976918bc4ecbd33e28ebae.jpeg
Very important tip I saw mentioned numerous times. I am passing it along for people who will have much clearer skies Saturday and Sunday nights.  

Hope we can get some sky to view. G5 is rare. Especially 2 days in a row.

• Like 1