Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

3 minutes ago, Krs4Lfe said:

I have to say, one thing that does perplex me are the official forecasts (NWS, TWC, and the cable weather news networks) calling for almost nothing here in NYC. Over the last 24-36 hours, almost every model run has shown 5+ for NYC. I wonder what their rationale is. Maybe the north trend will continue, or lack of cold air leading up to the storm? Seems to be a big disconnect between the model data and the humans that are making the forecast. 

because its too warm at the start and the seasonal trend so far this year

And throw any 10-1 ratio map out the window. Unless it pounds like crazy right out of the gate and drives the temp down to 32, we will struggle with white rain and getting the snow to stick until temps drop. Again it can happen here if we get things right but anyone casting a bet would wager otherwise (talking near the city and much of LI). 

• Like 3

Just now, NEG NAO said:

because its too warm at the start and the seasonal trend so far this year

It's warm almost everywhere. We have seen storms in the past with rain to accumulating snow.

Too many people are dismissing this threat but do what you want .

It's a bombing low near the Benchmark. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

Just now, MJO812 said:

It's warm almost everywhere. We have seen storms in the past with rain to accumulating snow.

ok fair enough - time will tell...........

• Like 1

Just now, MJO812 said:

The CMC was perfect. But not much wiggle room. Guess we'll know by Sunday?? Lol

3 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

There's a reason the mets are starting to honk in the New England forum but not here and WDrag didn't start a thread. Take from that what you will. And take what we've seen forever with this kind of system usually trending north at the end unless we get the rare pocket ace from stronger confluence. 

• Like 1

Just now, jm1220 said:

There's a reason the mets are starting to honk in the New England forum but not here and WDrag didn't start a thread. Take from that what you will. And take what we've seen forever with this kind of system usually trending north at the end unless we get the rare pocket ace from stronger confluence. 

So that means we are not getting anything because he didn't start a thread ? Even the Mid Atlantic has a thread. Other forums are talking about it non stop.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

Bro ain’t no seasonal trend on that map and thats what we are talking about.  

we are over 3 days away - watch and see....Walt isn't saying much - enough said...

6 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

So that means we are not getting anything because he didn't start a thread ? Even the Mid Atlantic has a thread. Other forums are talking about it non stop.

Like I said.... you do you. Hopefully the optimism pans out. Believe me we're due for the rabbit out of the hat. But don't also "we'll never get a snowstorm again, NYC is the worst place ever for snow" when it most likely pounds I-84/90 after it trends north in the last 48hrs. Hang out with the New England crew who will be measuring/celebrating I guess. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Like I said.... you do you. Hopefully the optimism pans out. Believe me we're due for the rabbit out of the hat. But don't also "we'll never get a snowstorm again, NYC is the worst place ever for snow" when it most likely pounds I-84/90 after it trends north in the last 48hrs. Hang out with the New England crew who will be measuring/celebrating I guess. 

Jeez someone is down

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

So storm cancel because he isn't saying anything ?

where did I say storm cancel ? I posted my prediction a few posts back " a slushy couple inches at the coast with more inland.".....

4 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

It's like a morgue in this thread. 

Your the only cop around clean it up.  Lol.

I get the whole ‘this winter sucks so this storm will suck’ mentality.  But that is not how any of this works.  Persistence as a forecast tool is not a thing and well argued in these forums.  Fluid dynamics are not governed by ‘persistence’ nor are models.  

Emotions are great.  We love weather.  But neither will help making a forecast.  Models will.  Use THOSE to guide you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Northof78 changed the title to 2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic