• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Cold Shot: Part Duex - January 18-20th Arctic Blast and Freezing Rain/Snow Event

John1122

Downsloped.

I have had showers with drizzle in between them since it started. I think things will continue saturating through this into more steady rain but even looking up stream the precip looks showery instead of continuous rain. Though I would be absolutely fine if I didn't get another drop. Just the little bit I've gotten so far has made the roads worse.
  • Like 1

It's bad. There probably needs to be some kind of notification that's a more severe warning than a winter weather advisory in such unique circumstances. The roads were primed for this to become a disaster area with freezing rain because of the extreme cold. 

A police officer also wrecked a few minutes ago trying to get to the interstate. 

• Like 2

It's bad. There probably needs to be some kind of notification that's a more severe warning than a winter weather advisory in such unique circumstances. The roads were primed for this to become a disaster area with freezing rain because of the extreme cold. 
A police officer also wrecked a few minutes ago trying to get to the interstate. 

Are you listening to Anderson Co or Campbell Co scanner?

Campbell County. There was just another wreck southbound. They are going to try and shut it down at the KY border it sounds like. 

Can’t find Campbell Co on my free scanner for some reason. Are you listening to public safety of highway patrol?

Just walked to the road to take garbage out and yep, slicker than snot.  Packed snow from tire tracks is hard to walk on.  My car has a layer of glaze on it.  Currently 29.5, I briefly topped out at 32 this afternoon.  It'll be interesting to see if it drops any more.  Glad I'm not having to drive in it, whew.

• Like 2

• Mr Bob featured, unfeatured and unpinned this topic