Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Foothills Thread

BooneWX

10 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

That band couldn't produce here. It's up to 40 here and the ceiling has raised. I think our chances of flurries are gone 

You called it yesterday and everyone got mad and salty. Thermals are an issue everywhere - even in e tn!

• Thanks 1

People thought wncsnow was just being pessimistic when, in reality, he was the one that has been the most realistic about this event (and the entire winter). A few weeks ago, he and I were posting about our concerns of the moisture not being here when the cold arrived. We got laughed off. We're in a pattern here east of the Apps where you either get warm & moisture or cold & dry. It sucks but it's where we are. 

I also had a chance to look on the longer ranger models. I don't see anything promising until mid-Feb at this point. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Just made my drive from Marion to Asheville. Not even a flurry and you can clearly see the top of the black mountain range. They aren't even getting snow at 6k. 

We've been between 33 & 35 here in Candler. When we did have some light precip, it was rain. 

• Like 1

It's funny because I've got a good view of Craggy Gardens and the Black Mountains from my place. They've been visible all day until about 10 mins ago. Looks like a few snowfakes just started flying up there. 

Mt Michell webcam:

image.jpg

GFS looks a little better for this weekend... Still light precip overall but doesn't struggle to make it over the Apps as much. Not great, but I'll take anything at this point.

I just can't think of many winter where ETN scored and WNC didn't..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Moisture is absolutely overperforming to our SW and I won’t be shocked to see us get socked in this afternoon and evening. Unfortunately it’s going to be rain and or sleet at best. 

Yes more but GFS says rain down here. 

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_4.png