• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Obs

yotaman

Here at 12:35AM it is already below freezing with a 31.5. So, a hard freeze tonight likely heading down into the middle 20s. I’m pretty sure this is the coldest of the winter so far at this hour.

Edit: Clarification: coldest of winter for any day at 12:35AM is what I meant. I didn’t state that clearly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GaWx said:

Here at 12:35AM it is already below freezing with a 31.5. So, a hard freeze tonight likely heading down into the middle 20s. I’m pretty sure this is the coldest of the winter so far at this hour.

How cold did you get Wednesday morning?

5 hours ago, Coach McGuirk said:

How cold did you get Wednesday morning?

My thermometer wasn’t out then, but the more inland KSAV (more often than not slightly colder than me) was 27 for Wednesday’s low. I was probably also in the upper 20s. Their Thursday low was 25. Today’s low there through 7 AM was 23, coldest day yet.

See the edit for clarification in my prior post. As of 7:13AM, I have 25.0 at my house, which is likely at about my coldest of the winter so far. (I say “likely” since I have to look at it at the time because it doesn’t show the minimum unfortunately.)

Update: I rechecked and it is 25.0 also as of 7:50AM.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 12:39 AM, GaWx said:

Edit: Clarification: coldest of winter for any day at 12:35AM is what I meant. I didn’t state that clearly.

I’m already down to 29.9 at 10:45 PM vs 31.5 two hours later last night. The forecasted low is several degrees warmer than last night’s low, in the upper 20s. So, it is already there. Well see how this ends up. 

Edit: That 29.9 ended up being close to the low of the night as it warmed back up the low 30s soon after with a wind shift to light NE.

Woke up to 67.4 AGAIN this morning. Absolutely absurd warm stretch for late January. 70’s Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and knocking on the door this morning before the front rolls through. Gotta be one of the most prolonged 65+ stretches in January in my lifetime 

• Like 1