• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

Did you go to the HUGE Ron Jon shop in Cocoa Beach? The look on our kid's faces when we took them there for the first time was priceless. 
Yes we went to Ron Jon. At the time that was the largest thing I had ever seen in my life. To this day it is still up there for largest things I have ever seen.

We went to Cocoa Beach despite being in St. Pete because if I wanted to sit in a warm, calm body of water, I'd take a bath. We went to Clearwater once and after about an hour we were simply whelmed. Growing up on the shores of Lake Raystown, I've seen boats produce larger wake at Seven Points than I had on the Gulf. We went to the Atlantic side because we wanted to jump waves. The Pier was amazing, though.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Low of 34 this morning in Maytown. Disappointed that we didn't get to freezing. On to tonight. 

Our potted palm tree, which my wife abruptly threw back outside over the weekend, was not disappointed.  Needless to say, I will be dragging the little feller back inside for the back half of this week.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Our potted palm tree, which my wife abruptly threw back outside over the weekend, was not disappointed.  Needless to say, I will be dragging the little feller back inside for the back half of this week.

I am never sure when growing season is on or off but if it has started, we should get 2 potted plant advisories this week. 

6 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I am never sure when growing season is on or off but if it has started, we should get 2 potted plant advisories this week. 

Urgent...Spring Weather Message NWS Maytown - 

Adams - Blair - Clearfield - Cumberland - Dauphin - Franklin - Lancaster - Lebanon - Schuylkill - York 

The National Weather Service in Maytown PA has issued a...

Potted Plant Warning - effective on March 21st from 4:20am through 9am and again on March 22nd from 4:20am until 9am. 

Temperatures are expected to drop below freezing during the time that the warning is in effect. Those who partake should plan on storing all of their pot and other herbal plants inside to prevent freezing. The warning does not include Perry County, whose residents already grow their pot indoors. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Urgent...Spring Weather Message NWS Maytown - 

Adams - Blair - Clearfield - Cumberland - Dauphin - Franklin - Lancaster - Lebanon - Schuylkill - York 

The National Weather Service in Maytown PA has issued a...

Potted Plant Warning - effective on March 21st from 4:20am through 9am and again on March 22nd from 4:20am until 9am. 

Temperatures are expected to drop below freezing during the time that the warning is in effect. Those who partake should plan on storing all of their pot and other herbal plants inside to prevent freezing. The warning does not include Perry County, whose residents already grow their pot indoors. 

Mrs. MJS is warned. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Apparently MU has been receiving a lot of questions about how much cloud cover there will be at 3:20pm on April 8th. Are people really that...naïve? 

It's the same reason why they get upset when a forecast is incorrect.  They don't understand what goes into a forecast and the variables at play and somehow expect 100% accuracy.

• Like 2

It's the same reason why they get upset when a forecast is incorrect.  They don't understand what goes into a forecast and the variables at play and somehow expect 100% accuracy.
I want an answer. How much cloud cover. And I want my answer from MU to be specific. Cloud cover at beach #6 on Presque Isle State Park.

41 minutes ago, canderson said:

I went to Disney once in 8th grade. We stayed at some place that had a monorail that ran through the atrium, that was cool.

The less Florida the better, imo! 

It was my dream to stay there just one time since I was a child - finally, I made it happen in 2016. We stayed in the Tower with a Theme Park View. As Bubbler mentions above, it is ridiculously expensive. However, I could sit on my bed and watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks without moving. It was an amazing stay and I absolutely love the Contemporary. It far exceeded my wildest hopes. 

Edit: We stayed for 6 nights and I had a 35% off offer that made it...more "tolerable" to my budget. :)  It was a "regular" (not club level) room that regularly went for somewhere around $600/night back then before my 35% off code. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It was my dream to stay there just one time since I was a child - finally, I made it happen in 2016. We stayed in the Tower with a Theme Park View. As Bubbler mentions above, it is ridiculously expensive. However, I could sit on my bed and watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks without moving. It was an amazing stay and I absolutely love the Contemporary. It far exceeded my wildest hopes. 

The best we have done was the Wilderness Lodge for one night with a Florida rate for under $200.   Now the All-Stars are over $200.  Animal Kingdom Lodge with an animal view would be my favorite.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The best we have done was the Wilderness Lodge for one night with a Florida rate for under $200.   Now the All-Stars are over $200.  Animal Kingdom Lodge with an animal view would be my favorite.  

Wilderness Lodge is #2 for me on the 12 resorts I've stayed at. Top 5 for me personally:

1. Contemporary

2. Wilderness Lodge

3. Beach Club

4. Polynesian

5. Boardwalk Inn

I've also stayed at all 3 All Stars, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside and Art of Animation. Never made it to Animal Kingdom Lodge as of yet. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Wilderness Lodge is #2 for me on the 12 resorts I've stayed at. Top 5 for me personally:

1. Contemporary

2. Wilderness Lodge

3. Beach Club

4. Polynesian

5. Boardwalk Inn

I've also stayed at all 3 All Stars, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside and Art of Animation. Never made it to Animal Kingdom Lodge as of yet. 

Living so close we did not stay that often, but we have been to Disney over 100 times.   My stay tally is Wilderness Lodge, Carribean and all 3 All-Stars.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

1. Contemporary

2. Wilderness Lodge

3. Beach Club

4. Polynesian

5. Boardwalk Inn

PS, stayed at the Gaylord once but that is not Disney owned. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

It's spring?

Early Spring hit a bit of a roadblock though it is really spring now (really since Mar 1 in my opinion) so just a technicality.  But one could easily argue that Spring began Feb 18th as MDT has not stayed below 40 on any day since then.  

2 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

I want an answer. How much cloud cover. And I want my answer from MU to be specific. Cloud cover at beach #6 on Presque Isle State Park.

AccuWeather’s got you haha

image.thumb.png.202cfb1aeb6b344a45fc1a93cc613a95.png

• Haha 1