Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

Elliott not backing down from his "no snow" this upcoming week stance:
model solutions of the storm's track and intensity will continue to change, and in some cases drastically, from run-to-run. Using large-scale pattern recognition, interior New England has the best chance for accumulating snow. I'll have a full update tomorrow!

Hey Elliott….
giphy.gif
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Elliott not backing down from his "no snow" this upcoming week stance:

model solutions of the storm's track and intensity will continue to change, and in some cases drastically, from run-to-run. Using large-scale pattern recognition, interior New England has the best chance for accumulating snow. I'll have a full update tomorrow!

I can’t wait for his snow map for us on Monday…

• Haha 1

A quick review of snowfall from 0Z shows that I get 9" in 9 hours using Kuchera.  Starts around 4:00am and snows one inch per hour for 9 hours then quits around 1:00pm.  I would love to be able to sit and watch 9 inches accumulate with mostly heavy rates throughout.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

6z GEFS individual ensemble members for early next week say that there is more of a risk of a whiff with not much of a storm instead of a miss to the north.

Plenty of good snow hits for CTP on the individual members as well.

IMG_5001.png

The risk of no storm seems to be increasing with the Gem and Ukie basically saying as much and half of the Gefs members agreeing with them. That would actually be funny.

The lack of cold air in place makes this whole ordeal a fail with a weak storm that does not do enough to create its own atmosphere by helping pull down cold air.  That solution has been on the table from the beginning, IMO.  The Canadian never goes sub-1000 until well to our east and fails to converge on one of the 2 or 3 areas of lowest pressure as it moves by to our south.   Unfortunately, I think we need a Primary to get up our SW and transfer to make this one work.  Give us the best of both worlds with a mechanism for cold air on the back side of a stronger low.    Even then, it is rain here on the GFS.  Snow for much of the LSV though. 

12 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

The risk of no storm seems to be increasing with the Gem and Ukie basically saying as much and half of the Gefs members agreeing with them. That would actually be funny.

I’d rather have it showing the chance of a whiff instead of congrats Binghamton & Worcester like many models showed a day or 2 ago.

• Like 1