Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

3 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

As usual, the Ravens are a stupid team whose stupidity shines in playoff games because they are playing quality teams. 

Trash franchise deserves all the bad it gets. 

If Zay Flowers was any dumber, you’d have to water him twice a week. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

Trash franchise deserves all the bad it gets. 

The city is filled with criminals from the mayors to the police chiefs and city council. The old Mayor, Sheila Dixon, who was criminally convicted of stealing gift cards is likely to run again. The last I heard she was leading in the polls.

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Any team that loses twice in one season to the Steelers doesn't deserve to win. :)

I thought they split, but since I  don't watch them or care, it doesn't surprise me. They have had problems beating Pitt for years regardless of the players on the team.

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Looks like the HH GFS is still enamored with Jacksonville.    How in the hell do they fit 5 H's in/near Cananda!

image.thumb.png.4ccfcd4426fd5d604b57ed8f44d7e0d8.png

It has to figure a way to make sure we don't get snow. The only thing stoppjng me from throwing in the towel are the weeklies, but my gut says we're screwed.

• Confused 1

It has to figure a way to make sure we don't get snow. The only thing stoppjng me from throwing in the towel are the weeklies, but my gut says we're screwed.
Your on the verge of punting for the year in January?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Your on the verge of punting for the year in January?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

My gut says it's just another year of fails and nothing says otherwise and despite the weeklies.  But since we do have the weeklies, I'm holding off until the level of internal disgust reaches a point of no return. Lol

Well, we do have more than the weeklies I suppose if willing to give the Cfs any value.

EDIT: I should add that the Cfs does look to place the best results just to the south and eastvof PA.

cfs-mon_01_z500a_namer_1 (2).png

16 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Patience….it’s coming back… the best part of our Winter lies ahead…

I  saw your post in the MA forum regarding the trough in the east on the extended Eps at 384hrs or 2/12. That was from the 0z run. Here's my problem/concern. Top is the 360hr map of the Eps off the 0z run (which is 2/13 0z) and the bottom map is 360hr off today's 12z (2/13 12z). The d@mn trough at 12z backed up from 0z and it's 12 hours later. That makes that weekly map starting 2/12 that you posted highly suspect in my mind. Any thoughts other than the trough moves eastward real fast between 360 and 384 when it's been stuck in the SW for almost a week?

500h_anom-mean.conus (9).png

500h_anom-mean.conus (10).png

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

I  saw your post in the MA forum regarding the trough in the east on the extended Eps at 384hrs or 2/12. That was from the 0z run. Here's my problem/concern. Top is the 360hr map of the Eps off the 0z run (which is 2/13 0z) and the bottom map is 360hr off today's 12z (2/13 12z). The d@mn trough at 12z backed up from 0z and it's 12 hours later. That makes that weekly map starting 2/13 that you posted highly suspect in my mind. Any thoughts other than the trough moves eastward real fast between 360 and 384 when it's been stuck in the SW for almost a week?

500h_anom-mean.conus (9).png

500h_anom-mean.conus (10).png

The Weeklies are run off of the previous day’s 0z run….

The bottom line is the progression continues to push the trough out of the southwest in that time period.

The Weeklies are not kicking the can whatsoever for days on end.

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Time for an ego blower? 

Lol, what can I can…I’m confident….

I guess it’s just easier to say “punt” just to protect “feelings”..? lol…

All guidance, most respected posters & pro forecasters say it’s coming…

I’m not conjuring this up….

6 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Well, I have said this before but will say it again, to me a 300+ hour ensemble 500H map is not much (if any at all) more or less likely to be right than an op 500H map except that there will be less severe gyrations between runs.  I say this only to point out that said forecasters could be right or punting could be right but if said as an opinion vs. a definitive statement, it comes across better.   To this specific point, you have evidence that models are forecasting a better pattern so let's hope...

5 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Idk if ur referring to me, but feelings have not one effing thing to do with it for me. This winter has sucked and unlike prior mod or strong Niños that did produce big in Feb, it has not produced early in the season like 82/83 and 02/03. It might, and it might not because even if we get those advertised patterns to materialize, that's no guarantee of snow. Chances? Probably, but not snowfall.

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Well, I have said this before but will say it again, to me a 300+ hour ensemble 500H map is not much (if any at all) more or less likely to be right than an op 500H map except that there will be less severe gyrations between runs.  I say this only to point out that said forecasters could be right or punting could be right but if said as an opinion vs. a definitive statement, it comes across better.   To this specific point, you have evidence that models are forecasting a better pattern so let's hope...

Good points….

However, those that “punt” say it definitively…

Why the heck is it wrong to be positive & confident definitively?

I agree, only time will tell how it plays out in the next 2 months.

11 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Idk if ur referring to me, but feelings have not one effing thing to do with it for me. This winter has sucked and unlike prior mod or strong Niños that did produce big in Feb, it has not produced early in the season like 82/83 and 02/03. It might, and it might not because even if we get those advertised patterns to materialize, that's no guarantee of snow. Chances? Probably, but not snowfall.

I wasn’t necessarily referring to you, but this is not the time to get nervous in my opinion based on most guidance for February.

I also disagree that this Winter has been bad so far.

December was bad with minimal snow for most outside of a car topper or 2 in early December.

January produced 3 plowable snowstorms for many of us in here.

MDT is going to finish just above normal snow for January even if nothing more is measured in the last few days of the month.

February & March will tell the final story of the Winter, but we still have the chance to make this a really good snow year. A 3 or 4 week snowy period could get it done.

IMG_4803.jpeg