Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

25 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Tamaqua Split sent me a cake with a file in it halfway through my stint in the pound, but I couldn't find it, accidentally ate it, and shredded my b-hole two days later...

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Welcome back. You unfortunately missed our week of winter. 

And let's make one thing perfectly clear, people. As a marytr, I was promised 72 virgins. I intend to collect. You may DM a registry. Must be of age. Ohio residents need not be submitted for consideration.

Also, the snow we received while I was exploring mountains has since melted.

Plus, nobody gives two shits about the goings-on in Du Bois. And I'm saying that as somebody who is closer to Du Bois than any other town of importance. Keep that nonsense out of here.

During my time in the slammer I had four 70-point games during yard ball. Myself and a shank are prison ball's Stockton to Malone. It was incredible.

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The MJO was supposed to stall in 6 if you go back & look at forecasts from a week or so back, but now it’s rocketing through 6. Latest forecasts have it stalling in 7 & trying to hook back. 
Most of this season, the MJO has kept moving along despite its forecasts to stall. 
I think it will again progress slowly through 7 into 8, hopefully locking in a prolonged wintry pattern.

IMG_4749.png

IMG_4750.png

A example of the risk/ordeal trying to forecast weather using a MR or LR MJO forecast.  The MJO forecasts can be as bad as a 260hr Op GFS.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Ever slight improvement on 12z Gefs and Eps. Still makes me think a can kick of some sort will show up on at least first weekly 

No can kicking on the latest Euro Weeklies.

Here is where the 12z EPS left off today & the latest Weeklies for the same time stamp at 0z on the 11th. They look very similar.

The latest Weeklies then show this absolutely golden look 4 days later for Valentine’s evening on the lowest image below.

This could be a lot of fun tracking specific threats if this look continues to hold.

IMG_4751.png

IMG_4752.png

IMG_4753.png

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

And let's make one thing perfectly clear, people. As a marytr, I was promised 72 virgins. I intend to collect. You may DM a registry. Must be of age. Ohio residents need not be submitted for consideration.

Also, the snow we received while I was exploring mountains has since melted.

Plus, nobody gives two shits about the goings-on in Du Bois. And I'm saying that as somebody who is closer to Du Bois than any other town of importance. Keep that nonsense out of here.

During my time in the slammer I had four 70-point games during yard ball. Myself and a shank are prison ball's Stockton to Malone. It was incredible.

I'll just publicly say that I'm thrilled that you're back. We're better with you.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

And I am old enough to see the Association come full circle.

I grew up watching both the NBA and the ABA. The ABA was noteworthy for 2 things...they used a red, white and blue ball, and there was no defense. When the ABA merged with the NBA in the 1970s, coming into the Association was a whole bunch of high flying scorers. Julius Erving was one of the most famous. After that, scoring gradually started to come down to where teams would average right around 100 points. Then the late 80s and especially the 90s featured the bad boy Detroit Pistons and a whole new, physical style of play along with it. They had success and other teams followed. Suddenly games were ending 86-78 and the like.

Today's game leaves me feeling very conflicted. While I can appreciate the level of athleticism, the game has evolved into shootouts. Guys driving to the cup for an easy layup but instead firing the rock out to the perimeter for yet another 3. Defense is not emphasized until the 4th quarter. It's entertaining for a lot...the one thing that it isn't is "pure" basketball. And it's one of many reasons why I'm a former season ticket holder and have no plans on attending a single game this season.

That's my perspective as a 50+ year fan of the game. My 28 year old son can't get enough of it, so there's definitely an appeal to some.

One thing I do not like about today's NBA, that many probably do, is that in most cases the first 3 quarters are meaningless.  Being down by 15 going into the 4th is not ideal but can be made up in a manner of 5 min game time.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

One thing I do not like about today's NBA, that many probably do, is that in most cases the first 3 quarters are meaningless.  Being down by 15 going into the 4th is not ideal but can be made up in a manner of 5 min game time.  

Totally agree. The other night the Mavs went from like 16 up to 23 down in 10 minutes.

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

No can kicking on the latest Euro Weeklies.

Here is where the 12z EPS left off today & the latest Weeklies for the same time stamp at 0z on the 11th. They look very similar.

The latest Weeklies then show this absolutely golden look 4 days later for Valentine’s evening on the lowest image below.

This could be a lot of fun tracking specific threats if this look continues to hold.

IMG_4751.png

IMG_4752.png

IMG_4753.png

I need to see that change occur for the trough in the SW to move east and the ridge in the east needs to scram. There were a few runs a couple days ago that showed both happening, but the ensembles took a step back, which is what's got me wondering.

2 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

Tamaqua Split sent me a cake with a file in it halfway through my stint in the pound, but I couldn't find it, accidentally ate it, and shredded my b-hole two days later...

lol...wut???

:lol:

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Definitely not what I had in mind for the Bubbler storm, but HH scraps is all we have right now.

image.thumb.png.227e75c32d4337b06a49b7fef7aee960.png

I have little faith in that one which is why I  haven't discussed it. It's a moving target that won't get ironed out until 12-24 hours in advance. 

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

I have little faith in that one which is why I  haven't discussed it. It's a moving target that won't get ironed out until 12-24 hours in advance. 

In my mind, it is really the only thing we have where the column is going to be cold enough for snow at the start.   Tomorrow was just such a long shot....this next one has NS and SS energy and column JUST cold enough air in place.  The Nam has snow showers tomorrow night, but surface temps are in the mid 30's. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

In my mind, it is really the only thing we have where the column is going to be cold enough for snow at the start.   Tomorrow was just such a long shot....this next one has NS and SS energy and column JUST cold enough air in place.  The Nam has snow showers tomorrow night, but surface temps are in the mid 30's. 

I don't want to be in your mind. :guitar:

Tomorrow night will either be celebration or funeral arrangements depending on what the Ravens do. Nah, not me, my wife and daughter. I'll be hiding upstairs either way because I really don't care except for the sake of my wife and daughter who do.

• Haha 1