Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is all relative.  Rgem lost 3-5 inches for much of the LSV (from the runs at 6Z)  but basically meshing with the other models now.  Still looks good I think.   Rgem was too high.  FV3 gained 3" in some areas it was too low in. 

Good points, I think we are finally seeing convergence.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is all relative.  Rgem lost 3-5 inches for much of the LSV (from the runs at 6Z)  but basically meshing with the other models now.  Still looks good I think.   Rgem was too high.  FV3 gained 3" in some areas it was too low in. 

i understand we dont have a good cold air mass and 2 the moisture field is not as robust and is moving to fast.  given the wind swings from last night through tonight models cut way back but then they back up . i guess good luck to every one 

3 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Who knows which service is better or more accurate?

I pay my 27.99 per month to Weatherbell. They have a lot a commercial clients & 2 seasoned pro Mets that run the website.

I don’t think they would be in business with bad maps…

I actually do not have any numbers other than intuition that WB maps are inflated a bit with snow but that is not the issue here, the GFS is a rainstorm for a good bit of the southern LSV on Pivotal so it is not accums vs.  fairly large difference in ground truth.   I guess it goes to show the tenuous day ahead for tracking tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I actually do not have any numbers other than intuition that WB maps are inflated a bit with snow but that is not the issue here, the GFS is a rainstorm for a good bit of the LSV so it is not accums it is fairly large differences in ground truth.   I guess it goes to show the tenuous day ahead for tracking tomorrow. 

Here is the height of the storm on the GFS. It shows mixing in the LSV, but no plain rain in PA.

The WB maps do split out Sleet & Freezing Rain separately, so they are Not lumped in with snow totals.

IMG_4148.png

IMG_4147.png

IMG_4146.png

7 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

What’s your dew point now?

I am at 19 & MDT is at 20 as of 11 pm

I have been hovering near 20 most of the day.

yeah it went down a point or 2 over the last few hours dp and temp last i looked was 23 

At midnight with still totally clear skies and calm winds I'm at my low of the day at 20 with a dew point of 18.  I honestly did not expect temps to drop this low before clouds coming in.  The 20 degrees was the new low for the day as my overnight low was 21.6.  Now I get to have two days in a row with a low of at least 20, which is only around 2 degrees below normal for me.

The clouds will stop the drop in temps, but that doesn't matter because they've dropped to within 2 degrees of the dew point, so near saturation.  Because it will be overcast by sunrise, we don't have to worry about the sun.  See you all in the morning.  I'll be reporting in with my hourly obs throughout the day.  Good night.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gentlemen, with a couple toddlers this is as late as Ive been up in ages and yeah maybe Ive had a little whiskey, but I gotta tell ya, Ive got no damn clue which way this is gonna break down here. Just gonna enjoy whatever thump we receive and be happy for snow. Again, only guarantee is Lancaster is the tightest gradient haha. See ya’ll in the mornin!

• Haha 2