• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MO/KS/AR/OK 2023-2024 Winter Discussion

JoMo

FWIW. The Canadian ensembles don’t agree much with the actual run.

I can’t post at the moment, but the original run shows nothing, up to a dusting for most of our forum area.

The ensembles show about 2.5 inches for all of us. Which, for an ensemble average, 5 days out, is pretty decent.

So I’m going the Canadian goes south again with plenty of energy.

Staying up for the euro but I’m tired haha.

2 hours ago, The Ole Bucket said:

Verbatim the 6z GFS has snow falling for 24 hrs straight IMBY for the Fri-Sat storm.

Kuchera gives me 22” of digital snow. Even the 10:1 says 18”

I swear if this rug gets pulled out from under me..

The problem is it’s kind of GFS vs the world 

• Like 1

Funny you mention this as I was just noticing the same thing and was in the process of posting about it. It's fun to look that the trend of the HRRR & RAP over of the last 12hrs or so. In fact, most recent HRRR now bringing in a healthy band of snow into the ICT area overnight. Will be something to at least monitor now. 

13 minutes ago, rockchalk83 said:

Meanwhile, the 850 mb low for this current storm system was analyzed 100 miles farther south than modeled. High-res models have been trending up on this current threat this morning. But farther west from where @RocketWXand I are...it's a full scale blizzard in Western Kansas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoMo said:

34 degrees and rain still sucks even when you are expecting it. Sun-Tues system still looks somewhat interesting, should be some high ratios with that snow for some. 

I think the Friday system could still be interesting. Cold air should be crashing in and models typically don’t handle that well. 

Going to very curious to see the final totals for this storm. Everytime I look at trends it seems be ever so slightly deeper and south when it comes to the ULL. 24 hrs ago I thought I may not get an inch here in Wichita and now I could see areas very near Wichita waking up to a decent snow. Combined with the winds could be a huge mess. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RocketWX said:

Going to very curious to see the final totals for this storm. Everytime I look at trends it seems be ever so slightly deeper and south when it comes to the ULL. 24 hrs ago I thought I may not get an inch here in Wichita and now I could see areas very near Wichita waking up to a decent snow. Combined with the winds could be a huge mess. 

It has been an interesting trend for sure.  You guys in Wichita might get 4+ out of it.  Hoping we can see that same trend as it gets into NWAR/SWMO tomorrow morning.  

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, RocketWX said:

Rain is changing to snow in Newton and Goddard, won’t be long for us. Gonna be an interesting night.

• Like 1