• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Autumn 2023

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Temps could take off quickly - could definitely see at least a 10-12 degree rise yet. 

Still major differences at 12Z for Sun and Mon.  GFS keeps the slp going south of us as the primary low for this weekend while the Icon and CMC keep the primary farther west and keep most of the LSV and near in the much An area.  Nam sides with its American cousin while RGEM sides with big daddy.   20-25 degree different in solutions. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Still major differences at 12Z for Sun and Mon.  GFS keeps the slp going south of us as the primary low for this weekend while the Icon and CMC keep the primary farther west and keep most of the LSV and near in the much An area.  Nam sides with its American cousin while RGEM sides with big daddy.   20-25 degree different in solutions. 

I've been keeping an eye on this as well.  Subtle differences making for huge shifts in the forecast.  As always, will be interesting to see who wins the model wars.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I've been keeping an eye on this as well.  Subtle differences making for huge shifts in the forecast.  As always, will be interesting to see who wins the model wars.

Would be a significant factor in what the monthly means end at if MDT spends two days in the 50's vs. the 70's for highs. 

• Like 1

MU weighing in on Sunday and his verdict on temps/precip:

Despite a mostly cloudy start this morning, skies should gradually brighten through the afternoon hours. Due to the clouds, highs will likely fall short of reaching 80°F but should still peak in the mid-to-upper 70s. The large, Jet Stream ridge currently in place over the eastern United States will remain amplified enough to control our weather pattern through the start of Halloween weekend. As a result, partly sunny and unseasonably warm conditions will persist on Saturday with highs back in the upper 70s to low 80s. Unfortunately, the cold front that I talked about in Tuesday's discussion will move through the Lower Susquehanna Valley earlier than previously anticipated. Instead of stalling near the I-80 corridor, it should move 100-150 miles farther south Saturday night before finally coming to a halt near I-70. This has big implications on the forecast for Sunday and Monday. In the wake of the front, winds will turn northeasterly and usher much cooler air into south-central and southeastern PA. Low temperatures Saturday night should still only drop into the low-to-mid 50s, but clouds and showers on Sunday will prevent highs from exceeding the mid-to-upper 60s. There is still some uncertainty as to the exact location of the front's placement on Sunday and Monday, but the odds now favor cooler and cloudier conditions.. along with intermittent showers.. during this period. If rain is steadier and the front even farther south on both days, then high temperatures could be even lower, or only in the upper 50s to perhaps 60°F. The most widespread showers should impact the region on Sunday morning and then again on Monday. A wave of low pressure will still develop near the tail end of the front on Sunday, but it will now track over southern PA or northern MD instead of across southern New England. The second round of showers late Sunday night into Monday will be associated with this system. It will also drag the cold front farther south and east and into the Carolinas by Tuesday. From Sunday morning through Monday afternoon, rainfall totals may range from a mere one tenth of inch or less south of the Mason-Dixon Line up to 0.75" in northern Perry, Dauphin, and/or Lebanon Counties. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

MU weighing in on Sunday and his verdict on temps/precip:

Despite a mostly cloudy start this morning, skies should gradually brighten through the afternoon hours. Due to the clouds, highs will likely fall short of reaching 80°F but should still peak in the mid-to-upper 70s. The large, Jet Stream ridge currently in place over the eastern United States will remain amplified enough to control our weather pattern through the start of Halloween weekend. As a result, partly sunny and unseasonably warm conditions will persist on Saturday with highs back in the upper 70s to low 80s. Unfortunately, the cold front that I talked about in Tuesday's discussion will move through the Lower Susquehanna Valley earlier than previously anticipated. Instead of stalling near the I-80 corridor, it should move 100-150 miles farther south Saturday night before finally coming to a halt near I-70. This has big implications on the forecast for Sunday and Monday. In the wake of the front, winds will turn northeasterly and usher much cooler air into south-central and southeastern PA. Low temperatures Saturday night should still only drop into the low-to-mid 50s, but clouds and showers on Sunday will prevent highs from exceeding the mid-to-upper 60s. There is still some uncertainty as to the exact location of the front's placement on Sunday and Monday, but the odds now favor cooler and cloudier conditions.. along with intermittent showers.. during this period. If rain is steadier and the front even farther south on both days, then high temperatures could be even lower, or only in the upper 50s to perhaps 60°F. The most widespread showers should impact the region on Sunday morning and then again on Monday. A wave of low pressure will still develop near the tail end of the front on Sunday, but it will now track over southern PA or northern MD instead of across southern New England. The second round of showers late Sunday night into Monday will be associated with this system. It will also drag the cold front farther south and east and into the Carolinas by Tuesday. From Sunday morning through Monday afternoon, rainfall totals may range from a mere one tenth of inch or less south of the Mason-Dixon Line up to 0.75" in northern Perry, Dauphin, and/or Lebanon Counties. 

Another kick in the groin for far south PA precip deficits. 

• Sad 1

A "Luda" 60 at 4:45AM.   MDT made it to 58 or 59 at some point avoiding the Max low record.   Almost all models that showed a BN Sunday continue to "leak" a bit with warmth getting farther and farther north.    Before it ranged from the upper 40's to the mid 70's between suites but now it looks more like upper 50's to mid 70's for the LSV for most suites.    Only truly well BN suite I see left is Fv3.  Even the Nam is out of the BN camp now.   Hopefully it will soon be time for the cold to take over.    Certainly, looks quite chilly for 4-6 days through next week.   

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

A "Luda" 60 at 4:45AM.   MDT made it to 58 or 59 at some point avoiding the Max low record.   Almost all models that showed a BN Sunday continue to "leak" a bit with warmth getting farther and farther north.    Before it ranged from the upper 40's to the mid 70's between suites but now it looks more like upper 50's to mid 70's for the LSV for most suites.    Only truly well BN suite I see left is Fv3.  Even the Nam is out of the BN camp now.   Hopefully it will soon be time for the cold to take over.    Certainly, looks quite chilly for 4-6 days through next week.   

55 this morning. NWS forecast high tomorrow for me 53