• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Even Central Park is over 4" since midnight last night, and they recorded 2" of rain between 9am and 10am. 

It's wild. I've been really out of the loop weather wise this week so had no idea. I did see the Mets really f'd up their series vs Florida but hey it's the Mets what do you expect? haha

I'm going to Philly tonight for a concert - hope it's dry there. 

11 minutes ago, canderson said:

It's wild. I've been really out of the loop weather wise this week so had no idea. I did see the Mets really f'd up their series vs Florida but hey it's the Mets what do you expect? haha

I'm going to Philly tonight for a concert - hope it's dry there. 

If the 12z NAM is right, parts of NYC metro will approach 1' of rain today. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The SLP bashing SNE right now is still sitting off the MA coast on Tue per most models.    Not much movement to the pattern.  Progs show rain is offshore at the point but quite the slog in moving stuff through. A large part in why it will be dry here...nothing moving.  

Sort of reminds me of this: (though not as painful, obviously) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_2010_North_American_blizzard

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If the 12z NAM is right, parts of NYC metro will approach 1' of rain today. 

had to look at your post 2x to make sure I was reading w/ both eyes open.  Then i looked for myself.  Yeah that's an impressibve deep purple over the NYC area.  That would suck me thinks.

51 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Who here questions the warming?  

None of my response was related to current warming being questioned. People like Chesco can mold the data like it's play-doh to negate the warming, but that's a different discussion for a different day. It was you equating modern day "warming hype" to that of the supposed 1970s "cooling hype". As you pointed out (after my message), you remembered seeing information suggesting "the earth is gonna freeze", and used it to suggest global climate prediction and discussion is heavily faulty, or at least was back in the time of those reports. I chimed in to say that it was never the consensus, even back then. The idea that it was somehow a consensus viewpoint back in the 1970s is being weaponized by people who question the warming to this day. If you agree with your original idea, that it's nonsense to question modern day warming, you can then agree on that connection (70s cooling idea to modern warming being faulty) being a bad faith argument. Therefore, I think it's nonsense to equate a complete non-consensus back then to anything connected to the climate discussion today. Plain and simple.

A quick edit after the fact, I see the discussion has moved on, and I don't mean to make this discussion drag on longer  than it needs to. This response was simply for closure. 

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Interesting that it went on to affect Europe for 11 days.  

“On January 4, the system was named Windstorm Benjamin by the Free University of Berlin,[1] which names all Low and High-Pressure systems that affect Europe.”

Wait, they name high pressure systems?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TimB said:

“On January 4, the system was named Windstorm Benjamin by the Free University of Berlin,[1] which names all Low and High-Pressure systems that affect Europe.”

Wait, they name high pressure systems?

Apparently so...

Ahmet will be followed by low pressure systems with Arabic, Kurdish and Greek names such as Cemal, Goran, Hakim and Dimitrios. The high pressure systems reaching Germany early this year will be called Bozena, Chana or Dragica, names with Polish, Hebrew and South Slavic roots.

In the past, cloudy low systems always had traditionally female names and upbeat highs had male name. The practice changed in 1998. Since then, male and female names switch places each year in the high and low categories.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/siegfried-meet-ahmet-german-weather-systems-get-makeover-german-journalists-name-berlin-ap-b1782586.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really did not expect so many global warming science deniers on here. Impressive
I totally agree the world is warming. I think the media hypes every storm blaming it on it. Plus I'm mostly totally opposed to all their solutions for it due to it's effect on people like my family vs global warmings effect and the actual effect it will have on global warming. They would need to come up with much better solutions from my perspective before they would have my support.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well before the Government shutdowns and turns the lights off on the GFS I thought it was worth a check.... it has still pulled back on its early predict of near 90 next week to now show low to MAYBE mid 80's Mon-Thur of next week for the LSV.   CMC is similar though maybe not Monday but extends it through next weekend.  This is extrapolated from the 2PM temps shown in the 78-81 area and adding 1-3 degrees on for 2-5PM changes.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Yeah. I got hit with something. What's funny is my nose isn't stuffed, I have no cough, and barely a sore throat. On the downside my joints feel like I'm 90, I've never been more tired in my life, and light gives me migraines

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that.  I think you can probably get one at CVS (scheduled).