Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
July 2023 General Discussion

Spartman

1 hour ago, Brian D said:

Shifted southward towards the Cities. Missed me altogether. Darn, but they sure need it down there. Enjoy! :) 

We sure do need it with the drought and all.  Definitely been an active night so far!

After a week of vacation in central New York, got home last night and had a cell pass over the house. Some house shaking thunder that woke me up. Ended up with 1.55" in the tippy bucket. KIND only reported 0.08". What a welcome back to the midwest.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Nice area of elevated action heading this way, putting out a lot of strokes.  Ready for some rumbles before baking this afternoon.  Gonna be sweating like Patrick Ewing in the 4th quarter lol.

Sweating like an Alaskan in Texas?

Pleasant day here. Warm n humid 80/70. One of the more humid days we've seen here on the shore, but not overwhelming with the lower temp. AND NO SMOKE!! Clear, blue skies :) 

Edit: Lake breeze kicked in good now. Temps down a little into the upper 70's with dews in the upper 60's. Pretty nice natural A/C system :)  Probably 70 on the shoreline.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

Feeling a little sticky out with dews in the 60's.  Should have no problem topping out in the 80's today.  Point has 87.  This will be the fourth and final 80 degree temp of July '23.

That line of storms coming off LS is about to move through my camp.  :thumbsup:

42 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

Be safe… Looks a little nasty! Main line should dive south of here and the rest fall apart before reaching my area. 

It had some winds to it.  Looks like the strongest was just to my south.  Getting good rains now.  Okay lightning but with all the trees I can only see flashes.  I am not right on the lake in the campground (set up the trip to late for a lake site).

23 minutes ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

77 was our morning low in Minneapolis. Already at 80/72, gonna be a swampy workday for us both.

80/74/86 now at my current location. Already soaked and the sun is strong. No clouds in sight either

Edit: they want us to wear class 3 high vis but I’m being a rebel with a class 2 vest. A bit cooler