• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

My wife is sick and likes Pizza Leone.   In waynesboro I think all the places we go are similar.  Pizza Leone is a unique pie.  Lol

How's that fancy restaurant in Fairfield?  I think it's across the street from the pizza place (if I have the right pizza place I'm thinking of.)

14 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

How's that fancy restaurant in Fairfield?  I think it's across the street from the pizza place (if I have the right pizza place I'm thinking of.)

I have only been to pizza leone which is on 16 and the place at the ski resort called The Eagle and the Owl.  The ski resort place is a blast IMO.  Not sure those are fancy places though

• Thanks 1

At the end of CTP’s latest discussion they wrote …

Temperatures in the extended period are progged to be much
cooler than the hot summer like temperatures we experienced this
week. With the upper-level flow of cooler Canadian air pushing
into the region, our temps will be near seasonal to slightly
below average.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

At the end of CTP’s latest discussion they wrote …

Temperatures in the extended period are progged to be much
cooler than the hot summer like temperatures we experienced this
week. With the upper-level flow of cooler Canadian air pushing
into the region, our temps will be near seasonal to slightly
below average.

That'll be so nice. I'm getting sick of running the AC day and night lol

.15" since sunset yesterday. NWS forecast as of 6pm last night was for 1-2" possible per attachment. Do you think anybody will have their pay docked? Lol And we're supposed to believe long range global computer guidance? 

P.s. Sorry for the long screenshot but Samsung's last update removed the simple screenshot option. More idiocy.

chrome_screenshot_Sep 9, 2023 5_58_52 AM EDT.png

7 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

.15" since sunset yesterday. NWS forecast as of 6pm last night was for 1-2" possible per attachment. Do you think anybody will have their pay docked? Lol And we're supposed to believe long range global computer guidance? 

P.s. Sorry for the long screenshot but Samsung's last update removed the simple screenshot option. More idiocy.

That is why I have almost totally stopped looking at the Euro precip maps.  If I am going to spend time looking at crap, I will spend my time buying American and look at the GFS crap.  I hope we get back to a more believable experience once we get away from convective only events. 

44 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

CTP will just point out that MDT has 1.73 since Thursday night, so their forecast verified.

52 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

at least they are getting more consistent, as they now seem to be pulling the qpf rug out all year, and not just when snow is forecasted.  Not sure we find any solace in that, but it is wierd how with all of the advances, there is still alot of work to do in that regard.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

at least they are getting more consistent, as they now seem to be pulling the qpf rug out all year, and not just when snow is forecasted.  Not sure we find any solace in that, but it is wierd how with all of the advances, there is still alot of work to do in that regard.

It has been terrible all this summer, way overforecasting rain amounts. And every time I  hear "upgrade" I know it means degrade.

• Like 2