• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

11 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

lol it's september first and weather channel is like AUTUMN HEATWAVE!! who even considers the beginning of September autumn? I know it's the official start of meteorological fall but come on

5 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I would guess that 4/5 of people with any knowledge of winter consider the seasons in the Met way.  The fact that the Weather channel does means Met winter is probably the new norm (or at least they want it to be). 

There was a survey conducted in 2020 by a local radio station on when listeners thought that summer ended. The results were:

First day of school: 44%

Labor Day: 37%

Fall Equinox: 19%

8 out of 10 people consider summer over by the end of the day tomorrow.

Edit: September 1st was actually not provided as a choice. LOL 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Coop_Mason said:

Def takes money to get in there.    

And no basement!

I saw Dan Ryan homes is building in there, or should I say DRB Homes. If you Google Dan Ryan Homes the reviews aren't pretty, which is probably why they changed the name!!! Lol

Interestingly, I went to High School with Dan Ryan in Baltimore. Same grade but never in the same class for anything ever in 4 years, and it wasn't a huge HS either. So I can't  say I  know him. Anyway, according to the DRB website, he's still running the show there.

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

There was a survey conducted in 2020 by a local radio station on when listeners thought that summer ended. The results were:

First day of school: 44%

Labor Day: 37%

Fall Equinox: 19%

8 out of 10 people consider summer over by the end of the day tomorrow.

Edit: September 1st was actually not provided as a choice. LOL 

School started down here 2 weeks ago.  LOL.  Blizz is going with that for end of summer...Mid August. 

• Haha 1

The sun broke out here and we are up to 88.  Feels warmer for sure with the clouds breaking.  Looks like MDT made 93 which was about as expected from the models this AM. 
The difference between you and I is like the difference between Logan airport and 15 miles inland on a slight east wind

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Today was day #16 here to reach the 90 degree mark, and it's the 4th hottest day of the year. Assuming that the next 4 days reach the 90s, that would make an even 20 for the year. My highest temp for the year currently is 97 and any of the next 4 days could reach or exceed that.

It still hasn't been a bad summer for heat but I imagine we're going to build up a huge positive departure for September this week.

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Today was day #16 here to reach the 90 degree mark, and it's the 4th hottest day of the year. Assuming that the next 4 days reach the 90s, that would make an even 20 for the year. My highest temp for the year currently is 97 and any of the next 4 days could reach or exceed that.

It still hasn't been a bad summer for heat but I imagine we're going to build up a huge positive departure for September this week.

Autumnal Heatwave.  Heat up the ocean for my OC trip. 

• Like 1

If this week through Friday goes as planned, the final 22 days high temperatures only have to average 81 for us to equal August's average high temperature of 84.5

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1