• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

That are probably very appreciative of your backing. I thought they tried to keep their forecasts at a floating limit of 3-4 days out.  Going further that that would just be done tongue-in-grove. 

They seem very certain this morning it's coming. Maybe this will bring Voyager home.

35 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

The mountains around you might have

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Unlikely IMO.  HGR does have 3 3/4 but that was solely due to one day they overachieved in early Aug.  Outside that day they have had 1.5" with only .25 in the last 2 weeks.  We are slightly under 3" here.  If it had said 3-4" I would not have said anything but over 4 is pretty crazy.  Most within 5 miles of me are in the 2-3" range which is not terrible but not 4-6 either.   I have a home up toward high rock about 1000' higher than my main home and they are also under 3" there. 

I can't wait for Septembers monthly mean max temperature to be higher than Augusts

Yeah, well sauss has invited everyone over to his Week 1 College Football and Labor Day deckside kegger. If all goes well, maybe we can extend it into Novembuary.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

It started that way here this Am but full sun now...partly sunny I should say.   The local grass person is starting up fertilizing again so if I get some rain tonight, fall Mow #1 may be in the cards this weekend. 

I wonder when and if it will break up here - still very dark, damp, dreary and drizzly here. Just reached 70.

50 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I can't wait for Septembers monthly mean max temperature to be higher than Augusts

I know you're being tongue in cheek but we should end August with an avg. temp ~75.5, which would be more than 3 degrees higher than the hottest September on record at MDT, that being the 72.2 from 1961.  Interestingly enough, the top four Septembers are all 1970 and earlier.  Hey, would take one hell of a feat but I'm not ruling it out haha!

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Yeah, well sauss has invited everyone over to his Week 1 College Football and Labor Day deckside kegger. If all goes well, maybe we can extend it into Novembuary.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I'm pretty certain i will be in the pool during watching the PSU-WVU game, like 100% certain

54 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

He is hoping to have the pool open in January this winter. 

Negative- 2nd week of Sept at the latest

I know you're being tongue in cheek but we should end August with an avg. temp ~75.5, which would be more than 3 degrees higher than the hottest September on record at MDT, that being the 72.2 from 1961.  Interestingly enough, the top four Septembers are all 1970 and earlier.  Hey, would take one hell of a feat but I'm not ruling it out haha!
Ahh, notice I said mean monthly max temperatures instead of mean monthly temperatures. Our summer lows with moisture are far too big a hurdle to overcome. I think we would have better shot at just mean monthly max though

5 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Ahh, notice I said mean monthly max temperatures instead of mean monthly temperatures. Our summer lows with moisture are far too big a hurdle to overcome. I think we would have better shot at just mean monthly max though

Those high lows are the only reason August does not end up well below normal vs. near normal like it is slated to right now.