• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

I just want a storm where lightning and thunder are so prevalent, continuous, and loud that it starts building 30 min before with the light, followed by the clear continuous sound of thunder like an artillery bottle and then when it hits it turns night into day as the thunder shakes the foundation, walls, and anything on shelves and tables.

I've only had those a few times in life but god were they magestic. I'll happily give up some sleep to experience a few nukes worth of energy expanded in the environment in the safest way known to man.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The drama is closing in quickly.  All of Cumberland county is under a severe thunderstorm warning for the potential of tornadoes, large hail nearing 1" diameter, 60 mph wind gusts, and torrential rain with flash flooding possible.  It's about 7 miles west of me, moving east at 25 mph.  That puts the leading edge over me in about 10 minutes (around 1:00am).  It's still 77 degrees here and has been 77 for nearly the entire evening.  Dew point back up again, now 71 degrees.  My lightning detector is showing over 500 strikes since the storms were within 25 miles of me, an increasing quickly.  I expect to begin hearing thunder very soon.

I can see the flashes high up over the trees now. Counted 36 in last minute. Still far away from camp hill. It is dead calm here. Eeriely calm. No air moving. Not a damn animal sound and I can usually always hear them. Just now I heard the long deep rumble faintly. Then the breeze started and lightning increasing by the minute

Looks like I've escaped the severe weather.  Winds preceded the heavy rain, but my station's max gust has been 9 mph...lol.  (not the best exposure for wind).  Frequent lightning and thunder.  Approaching a 1/2" of rainfall in under 15 minutes.  Also, wonderful temperature drop from 77 to 65!  I thought I briefly heard a little bit of hail, but I did not see anything, just heard pinging off my metal patio chairs.

Pretty gnarly outside now but no major major winds 
I've had insanely weird winds that changed from outflow to inflow and no outflow again. Blew a window open and I see a bunch of small to medium branches down. Winds still whipping house hard. aa06cf4333925546451cd748f9c3d8e1.jpg