Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Haha, fair enough. :)

But that is still my point. Whether they get much more, a little more, a little less, a lot less...what really matters is what I get, and what you get. I got almost 2" of rain today and just because MDT got far less...it was still almost 2" in my yard. 

You headed down to D1?  I say yes.  

How much rain did everyone get via Ida in 2021. I barely remember this event. a2f86379ad3cd839aded8b737d2afe5d.jpg90234aa3f4cb1f1b703193c09ed13466.jpg946f09dc0324d0e6e8394ec197748301.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Funny enough, I was looking that event up on Friday as my freshly mowed backyard turned into a river due to flash flooding.. that 9-1-21 event was the only other time that happened since I moved in here.. we had over 5 inches here in linglestown with ida. I believe that event kind of quietly found it’s way into a top 5 daily rainfall event at mdt, behind one of the Agnes days if my memory isn’t complete garbage.

Low of 64 here.  It was nice to not be hovering around 70 for the first time in a while.  Looks like a pretty decent week on tap.  Here is what I have in my notes about Ida @Jns2183, from which I received 5.39" of rain.

*The remnants of Hurricane Ida rolled through as a tropical depression, leading to an all-day hard rain with embedded tropical downpours.  5.39" total for me with most of the area seeing 4-8".  Heaviest totals of 8-10" across central/northern NJ into NYC, with some places seeing 2-4" per hour, where nighttime flash flooding led to dozens of deaths.  Multiple tornadoes in southeastern PA and southern NJ as well, including an EF3 in NJ that was one of the strongest on record there.  Conestoga River at Lancaster crested at third-highest level ever of 18.49', behind only Agnes and LEE.  Schuylkill River at Philadelphia crested at second-highest mark ever behind only the flooding of 1869.  Harrisburg recorded third highest daily rainfall ever on September 1, 2021, totaling 6.64 inches, behind only Agness and Lee.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

How much rain did everyone get via Ida in 2021. I barely remember this event. a2f86379ad3cd839aded8b737d2afe5d.jpg90234aa3f4cb1f1b703193c09ed13466.jpg946f09dc0324d0e6e8394ec197748301.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I remember being in the bullseye of 8 inches of rain the day or two before this event happened but it turns out most of that heavy rain occurred east of me and I ended up getting around 4 inches

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Here are the most impressive totals I could find on WU stations.....

7.62 near Sinking Spring, including ~4" in one hour

6.71 west of Reading, including 1" in ten minute at one point

6.55 between Sunbury and Snydertown

The highest total on Cocorahs is 6.15 near Quakertown in Bucks County.

I saw a 4+" total in Northern York County on Coco.  I rarely see any Franklin county totals on Cocorahs for whatever reason. 

58 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Here are the most impressive totals I could find on WU stations.....

7.62 near Sinking Spring, including ~4" in one hour

6.71 west of Reading, including 1" in ten minute at one point

6.55 between Sunbury and Snydertown

The highest total on Cocorahs is 6.15 near Quakertown in Bucks County.

Interesting - many areas of western Lanco were between 6-8", I remember the event very well. My 7"+ amount wasn't even the highest in the county. 

35 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I saw a 4+" total in Northern York County on Coco.  I rarely see any Franklin county totals on Cocorahs for whatever reason. 

Yeah for whatever reason there have never been many active stations in Franklin.  I found one that has reported within the last week but that's it, and even they appear to be inconsistent in their reporting.  Adams has plenty.  Fulton, as you would expect, has never had anything haha.  Join up Bubbs!  

41 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

There’s not many people reporting in that area.   Fulton County as well.   I had 4.89” for the Ida event 

51 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah for whatever reason there have never been many active stations in Franklin.  I found one that has reported within the last week but that's it, and even they appear to be inconsistent in their reporting.  Adams has plenty.  Fulton, as you would expect, has never had anything haha.  Join up Bubbs!  

How much is the pay?  :-) 

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

Had a thunderstorm an hour or so ago. Poured down picked up .24. I think I don't need any rain for about 2 weeks (at least where I live.) Things need to dry out for a little bit. I hope the less fortunate on rainfall receive some.

I know it is hard to fathom but I think if you got no rain for 2 weeks, with this sun,  your creeks would be drying up and the ground would be dust.  

44 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I know it is hard to fathom but I think if you got no rain for 2 weeks, with this sun,  your creeks would be drying up and the ground would be dust.  

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, but my garden is in the lowland next to the creek. The rain we had this evening, the water was setting on the top of garden and running off. Maybe I should rephrase that statement. An inch of rain is good for the week for the garden, but not 2 inches. I'm very afraid my potatoes will rot in the ground if I keep getting 2 inches a week. But the weather will do what it will do. 

11 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, but my garden is in the lowland next to the creek. The rain we had this evening, the water was setting on the top of garden and running off. Maybe I should rephrase that statement. An inch of rain is good for the week for the garden, but not 2 inches. I'm very afraid my potatoes will rot in the ground if I keep getting 2 inches a week. But the weather will do what it will do. 

Ha.  I was more or less joking about how things can change fast.  But I hope no one goes dry for two weeks in July.  

• Like 1