• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central PA Summer 2023

Another below normal temperature day today - this makes 24 of 29 days this month running colder than normal. Smoke from our friends in Canada will continue to be an issue today and tomorrow. Rain chances ramp up by Friday night into the holiday weekend.
Records for today: The earliest 100 degree reading in Chester County history occurred today back when we used to see hot weather... way back in 1934. Low 45 (1919) / Rain 2.40" (1973)
image.png.575a4deb020a0ef30c618e51ea4e22ca.png
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Doesn't Andruil work at a CVS or something? Can you pick up a "Sorry your AC went to Hell" card and idk, maybe put a twenty in there?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

wtf man I managed a Staples. SIR. Have some respect! Also we did carry shitty hallmark cards at one point. Hated that rep

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Wet towel with ice water. Lay over you. Put fan directly on you

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

Metal ice buck behind an oscillating fan is the way, the truth and the light. 

i recall many sleepless nights in the 70s during the summer. no AC, no fans and poison Ivy as we spent 18 hours a day outside.  Fun times

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i recall many sleepless nights in the 70s during the summer. no AC, no fans and poison Ivy as we spent 18 hours a day outside.  Fun times

We truly are getting less tolerant to heat as almost everything is conditioned now.   I lived in Panama for 3 years and had no AC at times. 85/80 at night and 105/85 during the day.  It sucked but no one died. 

• Like 1

We truly are getting less tolerant to heat as almost everything is conditioned now.   I lived in Panama for 3 years and had no AC at times. 85/80 at night and 105/85 during the day.  It sucked but no one died. 
So you were the guy Noriega hired to try to keep us from going after him?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

we honestly didn't know any better. 

Hell we thought we were rich after listening to my dads stories of working on the farm at Milton Hershey. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

we honestly didn't know any better. 

Hell we thought we were rich after listening to my dads stories of working on the farm at Milton Hershey. :thumbsup:

AC was not too common back then...at least not in homes.  When we moved back to PA in the 80's we still did not have AC in a house that is worth 300K on Zillow right now (Ac since added, just not a slum).  Our bodies were used to it.    Sleeping was the toughest thing.    I have friends from Brazil that keep their house "below 90" re: rarely turn on their AC, and they say they get chilly at night sometimes. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

AC was not too common back then...at least not in homes.  When we moved back to PA in the 80's we still did not have AC in a house that is worth 300K on Zillow right now (Ac since added, just not a slum).  Our bodies were used to it.    Sleeping was the toughest thing.    I have friends from Brazil that keep their house "below 90" re: rarely turn on their AC, and they say they get chilly at night sometimes. 

I don't really care for AC, except when i go to bed. Its rare if i even turn it on in my truck

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I call shenanigans on no one dying for three years in Panama. The gangs have quotas!

• Haha 1

I call shenanigans on no one dying for three years in Panama. The gangs have quotas!
I've never once heard about Panamanian gangs. MS-13 is El Salvador and Mexico. Who's going to kill you in Panama? Mariano Rivera?

• Haha 1

Just now, Atomixwx said:

I've never once heard about Panamanian gangs. MS-13 is El Salvador and Mexico. Who's going to kill you in Panama? Mariano Rivera?

Panama is a favorite landing destination for US Expats (though Mexico is as well).  Many people there owe their lifestyle to the former canal zone, and they treat Americans well.  

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Panama is not Mexico.  But I meant no one in my family. Ha.   We were in the canal zone as well.  Probably safer there than the average street in any large US city. 

Had a rough encounter in Panama City in 2014 or so but to be fair it was near a building that was burned out and full of squatters. Cool city though for sure. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

Had a rough encounter in Panama City in 2014 or so but to be fair it was near a building that was burned out and full of squatters. Cool city though for sure. 

We travelled over to Panama City quite a bit.   It was just 15 min away.  That was outside the old canal zone and more like a typical city...good and bad.  We were there when the transition from US control to Panama control started and there were some ugly anti-American situations in the non-zone areas.  

Have to be careful when typing canal zone.  One missed c and all of a sudden you are in Deliverance. 

• Haha 2