• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Summer 2023

It’s 98, HI is 118 at 8:15 here right outside Dallas. This trip is a whirlwind and sucks for personal reasons and my family has no power now for 4 days, won’t get until Friday. 

Coming back tmrw and being here 30 or whatever hours in this heat has knocked me out. This even for Texas is not Niels in June. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jns2183 said:

SNE is already complaining about too much rain. Soon nc/va/maryland will too. Like I said before. We won't get too normal without a whole lot of flooding around us

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I'm wondering too, This upcoming weather situation A certain meteorologist says this has flooding written all over it. Even here in Pa.I hope not.

I'm wondering too, This upcoming weather situation A certain meteorologist says this has flooding written all over it. Even here in Pa.I hope not.
It will take flooding rains to get a good part of south central pa within an inch of normal rainfall for the year

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think it is a mix as it is super smoky down at the surface.  It never really cleared out today from the smoke so clouds may have doubled down on the blanket.  At the surface this is the worst it has been....watery eyes, sore throat smoky.  Smells like someone's house is burning.   it was clear down in West Virginia and Virgina earlier today. 

What you experienced today sounds similar to over here a couple of weeks ago, and what I experienced today sounds similar to what you described from over there a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

Very unsettled look though the CMC actually took a trend down in precip totals.  A lot of hit or miss stuff after this mid week.   Under 1" over the next 10 days in some areas.  GFS still wetter. 
We've been doing clouds and no rain very well lately. I could easily see us getting rain for 8/10 days yet not hit and inch. We need big MCS that train over us to make up these widespread deficits. Not an upper low stuck behind a block

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

We've been doing clouds and no rain very well lately. I could easily see us getting rain for 8/10 days yet not hit and inch. We need big MCS that train over us to make up these widespread deficits. Not an upper low stuck behind a block

I think a lot of the final tallies will be based off tomorrow as the rest of the rain shown on models is spotty at best. Someone could be flooding and others parched. 

I think a lot of the final tallies will be based off tomorrow as the rest of the rain shown on models is spotty at best. Someone could be flooding and others parched. 
I'm at 1.28' for June and 1.72"for May and June currently. So these next 7 days are make or break. I've never seen it been so unsettled yet so dry. I think I have rain on close to 10/20 June days.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Kinda interesting - CTP has me with a 0% chance of rain tomorrow and a very wet day on Thursday. 

Edit: I guess I shouldn't say 0% but they have no mention of rain in my forecast for tomorrow. 

Kinda interesting - CTP has me with a 0% chance of rain tomorrow and a very wet day on Thursday. 
Edit: I guess I shouldn't say 0% but they have no mention of rain in my forecast for tomorrow. 
Well that is the big day apparently. Ironically all this low clouds is going to kill any chance for convection till more forcing gets here Wednesday night/ Thursday

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The GFS has you all wet later tomorrow and tomorrow night.   CMC and Icon, and Meso's a bit slower.   Whether tomorrow or Thursday, that seems to be our best bet for steady rain area wide. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

The GFS has you all wet later tomorrow and tomorrow night.   CMC and Icon, and Meso's a bit slower.   Whether tomorrow or Thursday, that seems to be our best bet for steady rain area wide. 

I have not looked at models lately and have been solely relying on local forecasts that I trust as well as the RWS. When they contradict I question. LOL

The RWS says a 0 percent chance of rain any day is a risk not worth taking.  But the GFS has consistently been bringing rain in tomorrow afternoon.  But tomorrow night counts as tomorrow as well. 
Might depend on backdoor front currently located up by Erie into New York. We need to keep that dry air and suppression away

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The RWS says a 0 percent chance of rain any day is a risk not worth taking.  But the GFS has consistently been bringing rain in tomorrow afternoon.  But tomorrow night counts as tomorrow as well. 

Rain often moves in earlier than forecast as well...

Shame snow doesn't act the same way. :) (sometimes it does) 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

66 for the overnight low. Currently overcast and humid. Hoping everyone gets wet this week. 

66 for the low here as well.  Your comment could be taken many ways.  I will choose to view it under a meteorological umbrella haha.  But yes, rain......it's coming.  I'm pretty pooped from throwing our annual summer party on Saturday.  We did the slow cleanup on Sunday while imbibing in the "leftovers" ha.  It was a great weekend but man it takes it out of ya.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

66 for the low here as well.  Your comment could be taken many ways.  I will choose to view it under a meteorological umbrella haha.  But yes, rain......it's coming.  I'm pretty pooped from throwing our annual summer party on Saturday.  We did the slow cleanup on Sunday while imbibing in the "leftovers" ha.  It was a great weekend but man it takes it out of ya.

Despite you being one of the groups younger posters (median wise), I totally concur on this topic.  LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

My comment was specific to the weather and I gave no thought to other wet "activities"...

Surprised myself that my mind didn't go elsewhere. :)  

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

you ain't kidding. When my family has a party, nobody gives a time. People show up when they want and may or may not leave the same day. Sometimes a 4th of July party turns into the 3rd, 5th, 6th etc. The older I get, takes longer to recover

1 hour ago, Jns2183 said:

I doubt 3-5" would do much flooding, at least river flooding. But that over 4 or 5 days would be a godsend

Yes if it's spread out over a course of days. But if some areas get training of heavy showers or thunderstorms then it's a different ballgame. Trying to stay optimistic at this point. It's my garden that worries me. The Mahantango Creek has to reach 6 ft and the risk of my garden going underwater increases dramatically.