Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 11-12 "Wintry System"

Radtechwxman

50 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

Snow continues to fall heavy at times.  Looks like it may take a tad longer to clear out than I figured.  2 inches shy of 4' otg, with the piles over 6'.
Watching late week storm for 2-3' more as things look now.  The most snow I've ever seen otg here is 63".

Very interesting situation for you coming up for March as Superior is WIDE open.  Big storm and followed by lots of LES.  Could be good times!! :snowing:

1 hour ago, Lightning said:

Very interesting situation for you coming up for March as Superior is WIDE open.  Big storm and followed by lots of LES.  Could be good times!! :snowing:

Cautiously excited.  Am also a little concerned about the snow load with a storm of this potential magnitude, especially with rain as the initial precip.  I was feeling so good about not shoveling the roof this winter.

Snow still flying this afternoon with the advisory extended until 11 pm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stebo said:

2" that was melted before noon and at home it was nothing.

It was very strange in that it melted in some spots of the grass in the afternoon and not other spots. Wherever old snow was present it did not melt at all. I have bare areas and areas in the shade with 3-5" currently lol.

But the thread title event was for the day before. Dtw also got 0.7 that melted fairly quickly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

It was very strange in that it melted in some spots of the grass in the afternoon and not other spots. Wherever old snow was present it did not melt at all. I have bare areas and areas in the shade with 3-5" currently lol.

But the thread title event was for the day before. Dtw also got 0.7 that melted fairly quickly. 

"DAB" for me is <1/2". But tbh, @A-L-E-K just uses the term w/o a threshold.  

• Haha 1