Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2023

Rjay

2 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

100% agreed!

What got me going was the post from the other forum which put too much emphasis on the SER. In reality it's la Nina being la Nina.

But other la ninas weren't this pitiful in terms of snow and some of them are VERY snowy.

If you go through our 10 least snowy winters how many of them were la nina vs el nino?

I can tell you right now the two that come to mind right away were both el ninos (72-73 and 97-98) and one was neutral (01-02).

Truthfully, enso state only has a 20% impact on our weather.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

This Nina needs to go away, period. This Nina is doing exactly what it should unfortunately. We got lucky in 20-21 and a lesser extent last winter but it was doomed to eventually smack us back into reality. 

Huge Western winter-CA usually isn't a Nina snow haven but the RNA was so extreme that it worked out for them too. Huge Upper Plains winter, and becoming a good NNE winter because of the SWFE train. Nina climo to a T. 

I believe it's much more the decadal cycle of the PDO rather than la nina because we all know of a few la ninas that were extremely snowy.

95-96, 10-11, and even 20-21.

If you go through the list of the least snowiest winters, very few of the bottom 10 were la ninas....probably more el ninos than la ninas in there...as I stated in the above post, enso state only has a 20% impact on our weather.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lee59 said:

Decent snows as you go up the Hudson Valley. Looks like Kingston-Saugerties area about 3-5 inches and the Albany vincinity anywhere from 6-12 inches.

Looking at thruway cameras it looks like the cutoff between basically nothing and a snow event was around New Paltz/Kingston. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

GEFS is night and day. love seeing the trough link up with the confluence as well. block is farther N, leading to a lower chance of linking with the height rises ahead of the trough

great run. this is a major step in the right direction

ezgif-2-f765cc12d1.thumb.gif.e0085e4aba40fd2127914396e9156787.gif

Yep gefs look good

7 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Nope, the record for Central Park's still in play. They only have 2.2" on the season, record is 2.8. 

Can you check to see what JFK had in 1972-73? I want to see if they are close to setting their new low record, they have 1.7" as of now.

I'm using that for the lowest number for the city as a whole lol.

• Rjay unpinned this topic