Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

8 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

Hey guys , how's it going?  I usually only come on here during the winter, but I thought I'd say hello.  So we go from abnormally dry to abnormally wet in a pretty short span. More storms today. 

Yeah, the switch was flipped for me for sure.  Looks like a Severe Thunderstorm Watch could be hoisted soon.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yeah, the switch was flipped for me for sure.  Looks like a Severe Thunderstorm Watch could be hoisted soon.

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/watch/ww0438.html

Showers expanding to my west, really hope they pass by but with the way the past 10 days have gone its likely about to get wet yet again.

2 hours ago, White Gorilla said:

Hey guys , how's it going?  I usually only come on here during the winter, but I thought I'd say hello.  So we go from abnormally dry to abnormally wet in a pretty short span. More storms today. 

The abnormally wet thing isn't true everywhere. I'm only at about 2.5" since the wet period started. That's not going to make much of a dent in a 12+" deficit. 

4 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

12+” deficit over what time frame?

You could call it over the last year or so but 2 winters of less than half of average snowfall and even with the rains they were both way short in overall precip. Then last year's drought and extended dryness through the fall and the recent dryness all adds up to a significant deficit. I notice it in the hard to maintain well pressure if I need to run the water for any great length of time and the regular soil moisture checks that I do. 

This current t-storm is the real deal. I'm at just under 2" in 20 minutes and it's absolutely pouring. 

• Like 2

Oh look, there's a thunderstorm heading here...again.

Not sure if that storm yesterday afternoon actually produced a tornado or not but it did plenty of damage and we know you don't need a tornado to do a lot of damage. The public?  Well it was a tornado to many of them I'm sure. It's still a mess in spots regardless. 

• Like 1