• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

Useless, that's what it was. The soil is powder dry 2" down in the hanging baskets and about an inch on the ground. I'm glad I didn't put all the effort into the garden like the last few years and also glad that so many of the plants I do have going are native or are at least N American woodland varieties.

I just got back from another 800 mile loop through the Adirondacks and North Country then down through the Berkshires and Taconics. It's dry, many creeks are dry or nearly so until you get into the high country and they're still moist from snowmelt and mt rains. The North Country agricultural areas are parched, there were dust storms along the t-storm fronts and then it barely rained when the storms got to where I was. Another observation is the huge areas of mostly standing dead trees (all around upstate). I assume they're mostly ash and pines but it seems like a few other species are very weak and hardly have any leaves. NY is seeing a bunch of different effects of the new climate regime. 

17 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Up to .30 here with light rain still falling. The rate of the rain for the most part has been light enough to soften up the ground making for better absorption if we get into heavier stuff. Tough weekend for the NY Airshow at KMGJ though. 

They might get lucky, looks like a few hours of dry coming up later. 

forgot all about that until the blue angels flew over my head on the TZ the other day lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

They might get lucky, looks like a few hours of dry coming up later. 

forgot all about that until the blue angels flew over my head on the TZ the other day lol

Agreed it looks dry this afternoon but I’m not sure how much it’ll clear out. I’m wondering if it will be even louder here with some cloud cover, tomorrow looks better overall. Being so close to the airport the house shakes when they go over at near tree top level. Tough weekend for any naps LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Agreed it looks dry this afternoon but I’m not sure how much it’ll clear out. I’m wondering if it will be even louder here with some cloud cover, tomorrow looks better overall. Being so close to the airport the house shakes when they go over at near tree top level. Tough weekend for any naps LOL

They shake the windows here when they do flyovers at West Point :lol:

sun trying to poke thru on occasion. 0.30 in the bucket today as of 2pm.

• Like 1

I finally got an actual wet day - .62! After a ground softening .17 yesterday and the overnight fog this actually did some good. It's wet a few inches down now and I'm seeing explosive growth in the yard. The pokeweed has grown 2-3 feet in the past couple of days. 

Are we really gonna be grey and wet most of the next 5 days? 

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED Severe Thunderstorm Warning National Weather Service New York NY 1049 AM EDT Mon Jun 26 2023 The National Weather Service in Upton NY has issued a * Severe Thunderstorm Warning for... Northeastern Orange County in southeastern New York... * Until 1130 AM EDT. * At 1049 AM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located over Montgomery, or near Walden, moving northeast at 30 mph. HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts and quarter size hail. SOURCE...Radar indicated. IMPACT...Minor hail damage to vehicles is possible. Expect wind damage to trees and power lines. * This severe thunderstorm will be near... Walden around 1100 AM EDT. Gardnertown around 1105 AM EDT.

4 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED Severe Thunderstorm Warning National Weather Service New York NY 1049 AM EDT Mon Jun 26 2023 The National Weather Service in Upton NY has issued a * Severe Thunderstorm Warning for... Northeastern Orange County in southeastern New York... * Until 1130 AM EDT. * At 1049 AM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located over Montgomery, or near Walden, moving northeast at 30 mph. HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts and quarter size hail. SOURCE...Radar indicated. IMPACT...Minor hail damage to vehicles is possible. Expect wind damage to trees and power lines. * This severe thunderstorm will be near... Walden around 1100 AM EDT. Gardnertown around 1105 AM EDT.

That cell really started to blossom right after it moved to the north of my house.  .34 there so far and still raining, the stuff in Jersey looks to really soak us in a bit.