• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

Well, the basement was dry at 2am but not at 7am. I've been down there sucking it out 5 gallons at a time while moving everything out to the driveway. It's still coming in :( I think it's coming through one of the walls but the only way to know is to start punching holes in the sheetrock to send a camera in. This sux. 

• Sad 2

19 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Well, the basement was dry at 2am but not at 7am. I've been down there sucking it out 5 gallons at a time while moving everything out to the driveway. It's still coming in :( I think it's coming through one of the walls but the only way to know is to start punching holes in the sheetrock to send a camera in. This sux. 

We had flooding issues at a prior residence in nj.  There literally is ‘nothing worse.  Sorry.

• Like 1

Water is still pumping out of the ground and our driveway is a half inch thick layer of ice from edge to edge. The street below is a 20 foot wide ice slick and the street leans to the downhill side so it's pretty sketchy to drive by and the downhill neighbors can't park in their driveway because they can't get out. We've been parking on the front lawn all week because our cars would slide out and right into the neighbors bedroom. What a pain in the ass. 

• Sad 4

52 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Water is still pumping out of the ground and our driveway is a half inch thick layer of ice from edge to edge. The street below is a 20 foot wide ice slick and the street leans to the downhill side so it's pretty sketchy to drive by and the downhill neighbors can't park in their driveway because they can't get out. We've been parking on the front lawn all week because our cars would slide out and right into the neighbors bedroom. What a pain in the ass. 

That all certainly sucks, sorry you have to go through that.

It's a good thing we have some warmth incoming or this would be there all winter. For the nearly 30 years I've been here the neighbors refuse to trim the growth between us and won't let me do it either so the driveway is in deep shade from mid November until mid February. Usually once the ice forms that's it for a few months, it makes its own little freezer where the temp will be 10° colder than it is 50 feet away. Last year I went through 150 pounds of salt and 300 pounds of sand :(

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

It's a good thing we have some warmth incoming or this would be there all winter. For the nearly 30 years I've been here the neighbors refuse to trim the growth between us and won't let me do it either so the driveway is in deep shade from mid November until mid February. Usually once the ice forms that's it for a few months, it makes its own little freezer where the temp will be 10° colder than it is 50 feet away. Last year I went through 150 pounds of salt and 300 pounds of sand :(

Good morning gravity. It doesn’t make for neighbor peace but are you permitted to trim anything extending over your property line? Stay well, as always …

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Yup. It's a 10-25 foot high wall of tangled, overgrown, unkempt ugliness. I trim our side smooth all the way up a few times a year and end up with piles of crap that just sits until it dries out. When it's leafed out it sux getting out of the driveway. Suburban problems you've never known ;)

It cost me quite a bit to remove a diseased oak and trim the healthy one on my postage stamp. My good neighbor wanted to share the cost as the remaining oak branches were over his postage stamp. I told him as of now it’s my responsibility. In 40 or 50 years the trunk will probably have grown through his wood fence and fate willing, his grandkids can discuss it again with mine. Stay well, as always ….

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wdrag said:

That little band of scattered radar returns in ne PA/nw NJ/se NYS is ice pellets. mPing has had some reports as well. EC was the only model to pick up on the spotty wintry early today, but only one cycle..I think it was the 00z/22 cycle.

I was out earlier and had just a touch of mist hit the windshield while driving, thankfully it didn’t last long as it was still well below freezing. 28/25 currently under gray skies. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all. I hope everyone's having fun with family or at least making it through.

Thank you Julian. Late last night I walked out into the postage stamp, no jacket, just to feel the chill but not very cold Christmas Eve night. I was alone, as I’ve been for the last six years but then I felt I wasn’t. I listened to the unusual quiet of this inner city Sunday night. In the silence I found all I was looking for. The lights of a celebrating neighbor, my four very special snowflakes that regardless of the boundary layer …. never melt and finally looking up I saw through the overcast the light that has never left me. Happy Christmas and blessed New Year to you and all our forum members. 
As always …

IMG_7009.jpeg

IMG_7005.jpeg

IMG_7006.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, rclab said:

Thank you Julian. Late last night I walked out into the postage stamp, no jacket, just to feel the chill but not very cold Christmas Eve night. I was alone, as I’ve been for the last six years but then I felt I wasn’t. I listened to the unusual quiet of this inner city Sunday night. In the silence I found all I was looking for. The lights of a celebrating neighbor, my four very special snowflakes that regardless of the boundary layer …. never melt and finally looking up I saw through the overcast the light that has never left me. Happy Christmas and blessed New Year to you and all our forum members. 
As always …

IMG_7009.jpeg

IMG_7005.jpeg

IMG_7006.jpeg

Rclab, sounds like you have found the Christmas sprit. Have a blessed Christmas! :santa: Merry Christmas to all !

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, rclab said:

As always …

IMG_7009.jpeg

IMG_7005.jpeg

IMG_7006.jpeg

Well stated Rich. A couple less people around the table this year but their spirit is always around us.  Happy Christmas one and all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all. I hope everyone's having fun with family or at least making it through.

Saw the photos of your lights, once again I say you should host a gathering, I'll bring the beer. 

24 minutes ago, Hitman said:

Check out five farms Irish cream

Merry xmas 

I'll hafta check that out 

• Like 3