Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

Oh look, there's a thunderstorm heading here...again.

Not sure if that storm yesterday afternoon actually produced a tornado or not but it did plenty of damage and we know you don't need a tornado to do a lot of damage. The public?  Well it was a tornado to many of them I'm sure. It's still a mess in spots regardless. 

Most of the damage was around Reservoir road area. My daughter’s home is a couple of miles north/east of there, she had strong winds and pea sized hail and luckily did not loose power.

• Like 1

This obviously isn't going to make up for the almost 2 year deficit but I think the soil moisture levels will be sufficiently replenished (at least a few feet down). Unless something dramatic happens most of us on wells shouldn't have too much to worry about this summer.

The reservoirs around here are certainly as full as they can be, a few are already over the spillway. I bet the falls by the Croton Dam are impressive right now, that res was absolutely bankfull this morning. 

Just came off of Storm king mountain. The place is a total mess. I never seen so much flooding and damage. Trees, wires down, boulders on the roadway in spots sections of the road also washed out. There were some sections where the water was as high as the cement dividers and washing over.  I was luckily able to get out.  Bunch of people stuck up there. I love my SUV.

• Sad 1