• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    2015Wrx
    Newest Member
    2015Wrx
2022-2023 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

We has a couple of rounds of moderate rain today here in Maggie. Thankfully a cold front arrives tomorrow morning ushering in some much drier air and cooler temperatures. Not expecting 40’s here just yet, but we could make a run at it!

2 hours ago, Maggie Ace said:

We has a couple of rounds of moderate rain today here in Maggie. Thankfully a cold front arrives tomorrow morning ushering in some much drier air and cooler temperatures. Not expecting 40’s here just yet, but we could make a run at it!

I wouldn't speak too soon on not seeing 40s this week. I think we see multiple opportunities actually with mornings in the 40s with drier cooler air.

20 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

The last several model  runs are several muting the heat done that was supposed to be. The GFS has a bit of heat going over the top of us but nothing that stands out to me as being a huge heat wave....

Exactly. The Western Pacific continues to recurve Typhoons into the N Pacific for the foreseeable future. That typically spells model volatility. Lows in the upper 50's/low 60's with highs in the upper 70's isn't a 'heatwave' in my book. 

• Like 3

On 9/14/2022 at 2:22 PM, Maggie Ace said:

Exactly. The Western Pacific continues to recurve Typhoons into the N Pacific for the foreseeable future. That typically spells model volatility. Lows in the upper 50's/low 60's with highs in the upper 70's isn't a 'heatwave' in my book. 

Agreed. Going to be a lot of waffling in the near future.

I do have my eyes on Fiona. 

10 hours ago, Tyler Penland said:

Short heat wave this week but looking mighty nice into next weekend. Maybe another round of high elevation 30s and low-40s for the rest of us.
That'll get the leaves going right on time.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah this little heat wave will be short lived and im not even mad about it. Next weekend looks beautiful!