Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2022

George BM

9 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Really good start.

9 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Agreed. We just finished episode 2 and my wife exclaimed that it’s way better than Book of Boba Fett already.

My only gripe is that order 66 was clearly a govt operation given its inability to get everyone 10 years prior

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, H2O said:

My only gripe is that order 66 was clearly a govt operation given its inability to get everyone 10 years prior

Ha

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

Not hard for a show to be better than Boba’s Book.

True. So far I’m pleased and I had high expectations.

• Like 1

Sipping on a DFH 120 min IPA 2022 version on this Memorial Day Sunday. New look to the bottle, and this version tastes a bit different as well. The hops really stand out- seems crisper, but the underlying sweetness and complexity is still there owing to all that barley required to get the high ABV. This one has an abv of 16% or so, as compared to previous versions that clocked in at 18-20%. Imo the characteristics are similar to the very excellent 90 min, with more hop goodness, and more boozy, although pretty well hidden. I think this one hits the perfect balance of hoppiness and sweetness. Very good!

Dogfish Head Launches Mandarin & Mango Crush & Brings Back 120 Minute IPA –  Beer Alien

• Like 4

My gripe with Obi-Wan is this:

How did he not know Darth Vader was Anakin and that he was alive?  When the 4th sister told him "He hasn't forgotten you!  That's right, Anakin is alive..."  it's like, um, is Obi-Wan that cut off from the Force that he didn't know?  You see Obi-Wan struggling with the Force when he reaches out to save Leia when she is falling... so I guess that's its possible? 

And you see Darth Vader basically "come alive" in his bacta tank when he feels Obi-Wan's presence... so did he not know Obi-Wan was alive either?  But the 4th sister as above, said that he hasn't forgotten about you... so... i dunno then?

Did Yoda know before Obi-Wan went to Tattooine with Luke and didn't tell him?  

Forgot to mention to anyone who cares but I went to a swim meet like three weekends ago, was the last short course yards meet of the season. I got to race a fast kid that I practice and am also friends with, it was a fun little end of season meet. I got a 49.45 in 100 free, which I am quite happy about. Despite hating and never practicing butterfly I got a mid 26 for a 50, which placed me top three at the meet so I guess I can swim fly now. Did ok in 50 yards breaststroke but it just feels off. Got to swim 25 free in a speed suit which was fun, got a 10.4 something and won the meet in that event. Also did well in 100 IM, 56 something I think.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Also summer swim starts today. For the swim parents in this forum what's it like? @mattie g and @H2O, it seems like a lot of work. 

I’ve dialed back some from the height of what I used to do. 

But it will be daily trips to the pool for practices starting today and until the end of July. Being Chief timer also means running that group for both our Saturday A meets and Monday B meets. I also get asked on occasion to do that job for divisional meets. 

Beyond that it’s always working set up and clean up for meets and being involved with coaches and team reps for other things. Thankless jobs by many others so it’s not like it’s awful. 

I started something last year with our last B meet to provide adult beverages for my timers for fun. Gonna try that again unless I get into trouble. Lol

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic