• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2022

13 hours ago, CarlislePaWx said:

90.9 degrees for my high today.  Yesterday's high was 82.0.  Low this morning was 53.4.

May has easily been the wettest month of 2022 so far, with 6.78".  More than half of that fell in that 2-day deluge earlier in the month.  My annual precip to date is 16.99", which is pretty close to average for the first 5 months of the year.

Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather.  Unfortunately, I am not.  Yesterday I tested positive for Covid and today my wife did as well.  My doctor gave me a new Pfizer med called Paxlovid.  It's a 5-day course that is supposed to stop the progression of the virus in those who are at risk.  I meet the criteria for age, plus I have asthma and chronic bronchitis.  Has anyone else here been treated with Paxlovid?  I'm curious as to how effective it seemed to be.

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  I do not have any experience with the med's you mentioned but I do have experience with hoping and praying people get better so I will be part of that in sending well wishes your way. . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

82 here right.  Same as MDT.  Quite a few upper 80's in the HIA area....with low to mid 80's just to their south and east. 

image.png.1ae9256e75ee46785fc1c543f272d538.png

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

It's 86.2 at 10:35am. Seems like it's way above what it "should" be at this time. 

Temp rise at home is phenomenal. Up to 87 now. 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Temp rise at home is phenomenal. Up to 87 now. 

Someday I hope to figure out the HIA phenomena.  This rise level seems to go hand in hand with other areas but on so many of these hot days an output of a temp map shows areas well to your south and east being several degrees cooler.

51 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Someday I hope to figure out the HIA phenomena.  This rise level seems to go hand in hand with other areas but on so many of these hot days an output of a temp map shows areas well to your south and east being several degrees cooler.

Certainly looks like a heat wave will verify here - today will be day #2 in the 90s and it's hard to imagine we fail tomorrow. MU is already declaring victory. LOL 

15 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Don't tell Voyager, you'll ruin his heat wave.

Yes, if he does not hit 90 tomorrow is it is not only ruined, it is invalidated.  It goes from Heat Wave to two yawner AN days.   Most of us just west of the LSV have already lost the heat wave designation unless Thursday is a big surprise.