Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

30 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

One thing I'll say about booing that I sort of relate to is there are games I attend that it's obvious that either a player, or even a team collectively, is "going through the motions" - while I realize that there are nights when athletes might not be feeling it, their salary should command effort if nothing else. It's hard to stomach a lack of effort from someone who is making more money that season than I'll make in my life. 

I agree with the sentiment, especially given what it costs to attend a sporting event these days. I grapple with that when it comes to what these players actually owe me (which is absolutely nothing if I’m watching at home, but it could be argued that it’s not nothing if I paid for a ticket).

Haven't had much time to look at ensembles but noticed the 6z GFS pretty much continued to dump trough after trough into the west the whole way through. Have the ensembles shifted away from the idea of the trough migrating east as we head into the new year?

20 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It's not showing much in the way of turning in our favor yet.  But its still only 12/21.    We can probably punt Christmas though. 

I wish I could go back in time and tell the 12/31/2020 version of myself that I’d be on a weather forum posting about the Palouse and the Steelers punter on the day of the winter solstice. Would have definitely tempered my hopes for what kind of year it was going to be.

On 12/19/2021 at 11:13 AM, Itstrainingtime said:

Christmas Day: Partly sunny and 52 at MDT. (my call)

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

A LOT more rain.  Want not expecting that for some reason.  FFW type rains at night (well the total qpf map is not nearly as impressive as the radar.)    That sucks actually...if it played out.   For those following the Christmas Forecast contest, low 50's for highs on the GFS (LSV).

Lovin' me some 12z GFS. :)